Today Extra

[quote=“Salty, post:59, topic:670, full:true”]
Amber Sherlock hosted on Monday with David.
[/quote] With the Voice n in the lives, I expect Sonia will be absent the first few days early in the week for the next few weeks. Good to see Amber Sherlock again on Mornings :slight_smile:

Sonia returned on Tuesday but away on Thursday & Friday with Georgie Gardner filling in for her.

1 Like

[quote=“Salty, post:62, topic:670, full:true”]
Sonia returned on Tuesday but away on Thursday & Friday with Georgie Gardner filling in for her.
[/quote] Georgie hosting again on Monday 20.06.16.

Sonia is back this morning.

1 Like

Should we get rid of the “Mornings” part of the title of this thread? I think people know the program now as just “Today Extra”.

2 Likes

Georgie Gardner co-hosting on Thursday and Friday again this week,along with presenting Sydney 6pm bulletin since Wednesday night.

1 Like

A moment after the Mixed Grill on Today made me laugh today. Sonia and David were the panellists and Karl asked what was coming up on Today Extra. David said The Veronicas and the developments on Brexit. Seriously, that was just on Today! :rolling_eyes:

Thursday (30.06.16) - Friday (01.07.16): Georgie Gardner is co-hosting with David (at least it makes this rubbish tolerable).

1 Like

Amber Sherlock hosting with David on Thursday & Friday this week.Amber also back hosting this Monday.

1 Like

No surprise given Sonia hosted The Voice grand final last night and needed some rest.

[quote=“JohnsonTV, post:70, topic:670”]
No surprise given Sonia hosted The Voice grand final last night and needed some rest.
[/quote] She should return now back to presenting every day (unfortunately) with The Voice finished.

1 Like

Today’s edition didn’t air due to the Bastille Day Terror Attack. Today and Nine Morning News extended from 5.30am-11am and 11am-12pm respectively. Nine News’ rolling coverage commenced at 12pm -1pm.

News was 11-1

1 Like

Newscorp’s contradictory stand on recent issues:

• TV mates ditch “extreme” Sonia
  • Waleed stands up for Kroger

The mysterious case of Sonia’s silent, talkative telly mates
Mumbrella

1 Like

And they’re at it again today.

Sonia Kruger is a ‘liability’ for the brands she represents and several deals now hang in the balance
The Daily Telegraph - Entertainment

Andrew Bolt says ABC attacks on Sonia Kruger stifle debate
The Herald Sun - Comment

Georgie Gardner hosting with David this Friday.

1 Like

Today Extra could be possibly downsizing, including a shift in studios.

How many relaunches has Mornings/Today Extra had since they lost Kerri-Anne? It seems like there’s been one at least every year!

Personally I’d like to see the main breakfast program rebranded as Nine News Today (a tie-in with the main news service, but of course using slightly different branding and On-Air Presentation than the standard news bulletins like how Nine News Now is) to separate it from the infomercials and presenter controversies of Today Extra, but I can’t see that happening anytime soon.

1 Like

Breaking news

3 Likes

Ben Fordham hosting with Sonia today.

1 Like