Today Extra

It was promoted to Launch Feb 8 IIRC

Original media release

Looks like I had Feb 1 programmed into my mind.

Going by this link, Today EXTRA will have a very similar set if not the same as the current Mornings. As I have suspected before, it also looks like Today will return to the yellow/blue colour scheme.

In case you don’t follow the Today thread, here is the first promo for TODAY Extra: https://twitter.com/TheTodayShow/status/694988384184332289

1 Like

A REMINDER that Today Extra begins on Monday Feb8, if someone would be interested.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Sylvia Jeffreys and Richard Wilkins will do double shifts as of Monday, joining David and Sonia from 9am with news and weather; and entertainment respectively.

3 Likes

Saw a glimpse of the Extra set during the mixed grill. Looks the same despite the triangles on the set bring replaced with stripes.

First informercial for the morning :stuck_out_tongue:
The set for it uses the old Mornings triangles still.

Today Extra is using the Today set.

Probably recorded last year

Davina Smith presenting news from the set, not Nine News set.

Sylvia presented news update just after 9am,we use to have Davina doing 9am update.
Glad to see Davina sitting at the desk with David &Sonia.
I think we will have usual news updates every 30minutes like we did on 'Mornings '.

1 Like

Nine taking a few hints from the WIN School of Coverups with this (which if you blinked, you probably missed) super on an infomercial! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

[quote=“Salty, post:31, topic:670, full:true”]
Sylvia presented news update just after 9am,we use to have Davina doing 9am update. Glad to see Davina sitting at the desk with David &Sonia. I think we will have usual news updates every 30minutes like we did on 'Mornings '.
[/quote] So Sylvia does just the 9am news update, then Davina joins them on set for 9.30,10.00,10.30 and 11.00? Did you notice any change in formats @Salty, if you were watching don’t blame you if you didn’t.

Nine seem unprepared for this change over. I post on Twitter about TODAY Extra only referring to the main TODAY page and 9Now still has a Mornings page.

1 Like

From what I noticed Davina was on set the whole time after she presented the first news update.

1 Like

@nationalnews Yes Sylvia only presented 9am update.

1 Like

In case anyone is interested, I will be able to cap some of TODAY Extra on Friday and possibly Saturday. I might have a go at recording the cross over for both TMS and TODAY Extra, I’ll see how I go.

Off to a slow start, considering the massive TODAY lead in although, Superbowl was live on Seven. TODAY Extra seem to be at about the same level as Mornings ratings wise last year.

1 Like

As promised, here is a clip of the transition between Today and Today Extra.
N.B: There is no farewell from Karl or Lisa, just a break, then as seen in the video a regular Today News update at 9.00 before the transition.

gosh those today GFX are very ugly

[quote=“nationalnews, post:37, topic:670”]
As promised, here is a clip of the transition between Today and Today Extra. N.B: There is no farewell from Karl or Lisa, just a break,
[/quote] Looks like others have noticed this: http://tvtonight.com.au/2016/02/aww-thanks-for-watching-karl-lisa.html

1 Like

Does Davina work Friday’s too now given she sits at the desk as newsreader?