Today Extra

:joy: ads and all! Hopefully someone can archive this :joy:

Looks like Today Extra didn’t have a closer this morning went from the final ad break to the Morning News.

2 Likes

Today Extra had a rare win over The Morning Show yesterday. They have been getting closer in the last couple of weeks. Perhaps starting the show talking about MAFS is a help?

It was quite a big margin of 15k. The previous day TMS won by 4k. Today Extra won in Sydney but the biggest market was Brisbane. The last segment of the program was 20k ahead of TMS Extra. That then saw Nine’s Morning News 20k ahead of Seven’s.

6 Likes

The OC might have been ‘corny’ by I wouldn’t call it a sitcom.

The show ended 22 Feb 2007

4 Likes

It was a great show.

Not only was Today ahead of Sunrise yesterday but Today Extra had a 15k win over The Morning Show. as well as leading in the last 30 minutes.

6 Likes

Mel Doyle in studio today (Dove ambassador)

8 Likes

Another win for Today Extra on Wednesday +10k ahead of TMS that was lower than usual. This time without Today winning as a lead in.

3 Likes

Today Extra had its biggest win of the year on Wednesday, ahead of TMS by 15k which is fairy significant for the audience numbers involved. The show was also competitive yesterday but TMS was 70 k ahead on Oscars morning. It followed a win to Today. The biggest audience was in Brisbane

10 Likes

@TV.Cynic

1 Like

Today Extra won again on Thursday - I can’t remember the last time it had consecutive wins. This time it was a stand-alone effort without the benefit from a win from Today. The show was 3k ahead winning in Melbourne and Brisbane with TMS ahead in the other markets. TMS numbers the lowest consecutive results I can remember - equivalent day last year and TMS was 40k ahead.

3 Likes

The MAFS drama may have caused the increase in numbers. Is the extra part also winning?

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

The biggest correlation for these shows is how well the lead-in performs. The gap between Sunrise and Today this week will be the closest of the year. So, Extra is having a good week too. I do think MAFS is also a significant help for both Nine shows.

4 Likes

Wednesday saw Sunrise record its second highest audience of the year to be 40k ahead of Today, yet Today Extra had another win - main segment and the extra extra segment. Following Seven Morning News beat Nine’s - so it seemed that viewers were tuning in for Extra.

Interested to see if this continues post MAFS as that seems to be a big component of their discussion.

8 Likes

Is it benefitting more from the Studio 10 change of slot than taking viewers from Seven?

1 Like

6 Likes

Good Friday

5 Likes

Who is hosting with Sylvia?

That’s Tom Tilley.

1 Like