Today Extra

Update: numbers continue to be competitive - 10k difference yesterday.

4 Likes

Well I didn’t know that.
I’m glad they picked DC and Sonia/Belinda/Sylvia.

5 Likes

Now THAT would have been interesting. They clearly wanted presenters with pre existing chemistry. Given Today Extra haven’t won a ratings year since it debuted (even MORNINGS), it seems the incorrect decision was made re hosts.

1 Like

New episodes return Monday 30 January.

2 Likes

Looks like Today Extra returns this morning.

2 Likes

That’s a surprise as the schedule said Summer Series.

5 Likes

Is it because The Morning Show is back?

1 Like

Odd to start the new show on a Friday. Why couldn’t they just start on Monday?

I know that Today was extended until 10am last week and this week (until yesterday), with the Australian Open coverage began at 10am. And the tennis had a later start today. But to advertise today’s show as a Summer Series, if it was a new episode (aka “season return”).

2 Likes

In addition it was on Sydney and Melbourne that got the whole show - cut short in Brisbane and adelaide and not shown on Perth.

5 Likes

Why does it matter? This seems like a very odd question to ask.

1 Like

Because as mentioned above, it was cut short in Brisbane and Adelaide, and not aired at all in Perth. And the show hadnt aired in the last two weeks. A summer edition would have suited better today. And have the new episode air nation wide on Monday.

1 Like

But what did it hurt having a current live show today? I don’t get the issue.

1 Like

Noone knew it was on. Even @TV.Cynic didnt realise it was on, as it was coded as a summer series when Nine annoinced its scheduled a week (or 2?) ago. If they had advertised it as a new episode (series return), i wouldn’t have had an issue.

Unfortunately, all Nine have been advertising during the Australian Open is Married at First Sight, and randomly A Current Affair. Some attention towards Today Extra would have been nice too .

1 Like

someone uploaded this dog segment on facebook but its an hour long video and pretty much the rest of the show.

3 Likes

:joy: ads and all! Hopefully someone can archive this :joy:

Looks like Today Extra didn’t have a closer this morning went from the final ad break to the Morning News.

2 Likes

Today Extra had a rare win over The Morning Show yesterday. They have been getting closer in the last couple of weeks. Perhaps starting the show talking about MAFS is a help?

It was quite a big margin of 15k. The previous day TMS won by 4k. Today Extra won in Sydney but the biggest market was Brisbane. The last segment of the program was 20k ahead of TMS Extra. That then saw Nine’s Morning News 20k ahead of Seven’s.

6 Likes

The OC might have been ‘corny’ by I wouldn’t call it a sitcom.

The show ended 22 Feb 2007

4 Likes

It was a great show.

Not only was Today ahead of Sunrise yesterday but Today Extra had a 15k win over The Morning Show. as well as leading in the last 30 minutes.

6 Likes