Today Extra

Maybe they’re filming Karl and Sarah Today promos, or Allison ACA promos.

Wonder where the Morning News is coming from.

7 Likes

Studio D maybe…

2 Likes

Morning news coming from an alternate studio. No doubt they are filming promos.

2 Likes

This could be a clue what’s happening today.
With the promos.

4 Likes

That WWOS set has the bones to be such a nice, sleek multipurpose set, it’s a shame they made it so sporty/industrial that it looks out of place for anything that isn’t sports content.

6 Likes

I kinda get the sense that at the time they didn’t plan on using it for anything other than sport. I think it was a good 4/5 months before it started being used for other productions.

Doesn’t make sense why they’d go for such a heavy and industrial style otherwise.

Especially the stadium lightbox above the main videowall which was later blurred out.

2 Likes

Is it just me or does the lighting / camera quality look so much better than the news set?

3 Likes

Yes it does.

2 Likes

Opener

7 Likes

Trees seen on Today show.

6 Likes

Dickie went missing.

9 Likes

:warning: Note: highly speculative!

Monday’s ratings for Today Extra were very good. One of its most competitive results of recent months. Just 10k behind TMS and winning Sydney and Brisbane. Also winning the key demos. Caveat that TMS was not a full presenting strength.

We have noted that Weekend Today got a boost when Tim was the anchor recently. Perhaps there is a common denominator.

Watch this space!

15 Likes

Summer series starts on Monday.

4 Likes

Update: numbers continue to be competitive - 10k difference yesterday.

4 Likes

Well I didn’t know that.
I’m glad they picked DC and Sonia/Belinda/Sylvia.

5 Likes

Now THAT would have been interesting. They clearly wanted presenters with pre existing chemistry. Given Today Extra haven’t won a ratings year since it debuted (even MORNINGS), it seems the incorrect decision was made re hosts.

1 Like

New episodes return Monday 30 January.

2 Likes

Looks like Today Extra returns this morning.

2 Likes

That’s a surprise as the schedule said Summer Series.

5 Likes