Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Monday 30 March-

Tim Davies is back presenting weather this week.

5 Likes

Nine will continue to broadcast Nine News Early Edition, Today, Today Extra, and Morning News live into Adelaide next week.

4 Likes

Dickie is Back!
He’s been tested negative

6 Likes

Virus free Dick. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It was a cringeworthy interview but worth a laugh

3 Likes

Sportsbet for when he catches it again?

1 Like

did the hosts get a word in? :laughing:

Today were back in the usual studio (Studio 21/22?) to reveal the winner of the brand new house competition after 8:30

1 Like

Melbourne couple Ella and Jorge were declared the winners.

3 Likes

Facebook people arent too happy lol strange competition.

3 Likes

As TV Tonight points out, Today had to resort to a soft giveaway given the current circumstances:

If you were EP you’d be so frustrated that the 4 month (!!!) campaign for “breakfast TV’s biggest giveaway ever” was just a complete waste of time.

8 Likes

The same could be said about a lot of promos… including 2DayFM’s 40 Before 40. I don’t think they got anywhere near 40 holidays given away before switching to a “Pay It Forward” tactic… and that was after tweaking the tactic to be “40 Amazing Giveaways”.

Egg on face for many at this time.

2 Likes

Breakfast Television’s Biggest Giveaway Ever! Today Show Viewer Wins a House

There’s not much to smile about at the moment, but for young graphic designer Ella Fenton and her boyfriend Jorge from Melbourne, it really is a case of ‘happy Friday’ after winning a beautiful fully-furnished new home in breakfast television’s biggest ever giveaway.

With the couple currently renting a cramped two-bedroom unit with a flatmate and their cat Figaro, they are now able to live the ultimate Aussie dream of being mortgage free in their own designer three-bedroom, two-bathroom single storey home constructed by Simonds Homes on a 350 square-metre block provided by land developer Satterley.

“Owning my first home is something that has been on my mind and in my plans for the past few years but unfortunately, just like for a lot of young people, that dream has been a little out of reach,” says Ella, who has been on a very strict savings plan for years including bulk cooking the same meals for weeks on end and rarely splashing out. ”This will realise our dream of starting a family stress free and be able to do some overseas travel. We’ve really had to put everything on hold with a very disciplined savings plan.”

The home is located in the state-of-the-art new estate of Satterley Botanical community in Mickleham, 45 minutes north of Melbourne city, close to Jorge’s family which puts the icing on the cake for the winning couple.

TODAY hosts Karl Stefanovic and Ally Langdon announced Ella as the winner this morning after the 10-week competition saw first homebuyers from across Australia enter videos for their chance to win. Each week, a finalist has been revealed, with the 10 finalists discovering if they’d won this morning. While Ella may have walked away with a new set of house keys, the nine remaining finalists have won $5000 each to help them save for their dream home.

Karl Stefanovic said: “What a lovely moment. It’s so good for us to be able to give away a house to such a beautiful couple. It’s been a tough few weeks for everyone but this will change Ella’s life for the better for years to come. She is such a deserving winner.”

https://twitter.com/TheTodayShow/status/1245832474451677187?s=20

4 Likes

What does Karl Stefanovic do after the Today Show?. Well it’s his new original show “The Weekly Tonight Show with Karlos”

3 Likes

Think someone is angling for a tonight show? Maybe in the US? a audition tape?

It’s funny, I’ve texted him a few times about this idea but I told him to call it “Kicking on with Karl” and the premise would be him interviewing guests but like its the tail end of the party where people are sitting around the backyard table talking shit and going into full DMs :joy:

But it looks like an idea come from his Karls Klassifieds thing as to use as commercials in this show

3 Likes

Saturday 4 April-

Richard Wilkins is back hosting from the Sydney studio with Bec in the Melbourne studio.

8 Likes

Caps:

4 Likes

That seems slightly ridiculous doesn’t it? Just get someone to either host in Melbourne/Sydney alongside the other for the time being?

8 Likes

Or just bite the bullet and put an end to the shit show and acknowledge they got this pairing very wrong.

14 Likes

Or at least use the same background.

1 Like