Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Sounds to me that Seven is just trying to skew the results to make themselves look better. I sincerely hope that they come out of this losing, like the sore loser they are being right now. Talk about being hypocritical and petty. And just like the great Adam Boland said, never lose sight of your competition, but don’t get distracted by what they are doing. Just focus on making the best product available.

That’s what Sunrise should be focusing on, but clearly Michael Pell wants to have a jibe at Nine because all the other big-wigs at Seven have already done so this year.

7 Likes

Exactly, it isn’t helping them either. Instead of facing up to the real reasons why viewers are switching, they’re whinging and trying to make it someone else’s fault - a move which changes absolutely nothing about the very real dip in viewers.

6 Likes

Considering Today leads Sunrise in the Top 5 markets, but nationally Sunrise is way ahead of Today.
What could Today do to close the lead and become #1 nationally?:

• work with SCA/Nine stations to run more on air and radio promos for “Today”
  • work with Karl & Lisa to schedule more market visits to SCA stations to get local press / PR / coverage
  • have Karl & Lisa do once a week interviews with SCA radio station Morning teams
  • Outside broadcasts in key cities with large populations that skew ratings such as Newcastle, Townsville, Canberra
  • Cover more stories, weather from regional markets
  • Add more regional cities to weather flipper
  • Work with the newly created SCA/Nine regional newsrooms to provide local news inserts
  • Work with SCA/Nine stations to add localized news tickers for each state

Any other suggestions?

1 Like

http://www.fedcourt.gov.au/court-calendar/daily-court-lists/nsw

Karl Stefanovic’s wife Cass Thorburn signs new deal with controversial celebrity agent Max Markson
The Daily Telegraph

So how long before we see her interview on Seven on “Sunday Night”? :stuck_out_tongue:

The case wasn’t heard since there was a settlement. According to TV Tonight:

1 Like

And that’s exactly what I was saying. If Nine had gone to court and lost that case it would have looked really bad for them.

I wonder if they’ll still find another way of promoting it as #1. Whether it’s Melbourne’s #1 or #1 at Breakfast * with fine print - metro areas*. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

And that’s exactly what they’re planning.

[Sydney Morning Herald] (Seven settles case against Nine over claim Today has higher ratings than Sunrise)

Statement from Seven on today’s legal settlement on Nine claims.

Michael Pell, Executive Producer, Sunrise: “Sunrise is a show for all of Australia. We’re grateful to our loyal viewers, who have chosen to make us their most-watched for more than a decade. We’ll never take it for granted.”

Craig McPherson, Network Director, News and Public Affairs: “We’re pleased Nine has now admitted Sunrise is Australia’s Number 1 and most-watched breakfast show. The truth was always going to prevail over premature elation.”

2 Likes

[quote=“JBar, post:901, topic:101, full:true”]
And that’s exactly what they’re planning.

Jeebus. Wouldn’t we all be better off if the two major networks spent as much time, effort and money on quality journalism or drama or comedy as they did on such childish behaviour … sigh

2 Likes

“number one for fun”

this is hilarious​:joy::joy:

I am interested now though, how Ch 9 are going to tackle this? Has anyone seen any amended promos?

They’re not going to say something convoluted like “The #1 breakfast show in the 5 mainland cities”?

But that’s not a problem this year @TV.Cynic :wink:

With the AFL Grand Final #1 (both metro & national)… Daylight is second.

NB/
think Ch 7 did this law suit, because its had such a domianting year & wants to have every ‘bragging right’ listed in their press release.

“First for Breakfast”?

I wonder if Seven will amend their claims to being the number one network in Australia. They always quote the 5-city metro numbers when making this claim on all media releases (total people and demos). As a network, they only broadcast to the 5 city markets plus part of regional Queensland, so unless they say Seven + Affiliates or equivalent, they can’t claim to be number one Australia-wide.

3 Likes

Sounds good but have you seen the weather map? You can barely see the continent on the east coast.

So hilarious I forgot to laugh lmao

Childish

Today was due to do an OB from Sea World next week but has been cancelled in light of the tragedy at Dreamworld.

3 Likes
1 Like

@TV.Cynic

I’m pretty sure seven could claim to be the #1 network or most watched network any way you slice the pie.

5 city, national, affiliates.

Through their stations and partners they reach pretty much 98% of the population

No different to Canada or the us where the networks own only 10-12 of the stations in major markets and the affils take the signal to the rest of the country

1 Like