Today (2015-Sept 2020)

According to Sunday Telegraph Deb Knight’s contact with Nine was recently extended by two years.

Reading press release it does say guest hosts throughout the year, l’m thinking it’s leaving it open for Deb to decide when she will return from maternity leave. Unless Deb announces something on Sundays show.

[quote=“Salty, post:61, topic:101”]
Reading press release it does say guest hosts throughout the year,
[/quote] Would you happen to have a link @Salty?

[quote=“Salty, post:61, topic:101”]
l’m thinking it’s leaving it open for Deb to decide when she will return from maternity leave
[/quote] Although I absolutely love Deb on Weekend Today, and would love her to become the permanent newsreader on Today, then replace Lisa when she leaves, I think Deb deserves to be seen a lot more on Nine News and more than just two days a week. Of course the choice is hers. [quote=“Salty, post:61, topic:101”]
Unless Deb announces something on Sundays show.
[/quote] We will let you know @Salty :slightly_smiling:. Pete is still co-hosting with Deb and Jayne is on the news.

@nationalnews

press release several posts above:

Meanwhile, WEEKEND TODAY’S Cameron Williams will be joined by a variety of guest hosts throughout the year including Peter Stefanovic, Natalia Cooper, Jayne Azzopardi and Amelia Adams, with Deborah Knight going on maternity leave this weekend.

Not much talk for this new set tomorrow. I bet it’s not even new just a few little changes. Last time they changed it in 2012 they were teasing it all weekend.

[quote=“MarkHD, post:63, topic:101”]
nationalnews, press release several posts above:
[/quote] Yeah thanks, saw that. I’m sorry @salty I meant a link for the Sunday Telegraph article please.

The 20 minute farewell for Deb included her two children and husband, Lindsay; Wendy Kingston returning with her new bub Mia and Deb mentioned she will return in a few months to show off the bub.

1 Like

right gotcha.

I get the Tele too, it was definitely mentioned - looking for a link for you now.

1 Like

here’s the link for Deb - down the bottom.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/television/bachelor-australia-reject-laurina-fleure-latest-celeb-tipped-to-be-heading-into-the-jungle/news-story/602bac09a5d19ca8601d62bb67992a64

ONE TO WATCH: DEB’S GAGA FOR GOOGOO

WEEKEND Today co-host Deborah Knight is on maternity leave after today’s show and is expected to deliver her “surprise” daughter within days. The 43-year-old’s third child has already been dubbed “the Googoo” by excited siblings Darcy, 6 and Elsa, 5. She’s unsure of how long she’ll take off to be with her newborn, but her place at Nine is secure, after recently extending her contract by two years. Good news indeed.

1 Like

I highly doubt we will see changes on today, tomorrow. I would expect either Feb 1 or Feb 8. Previously Karl and Lisa have come back and done at least a week of rehearsals in the new set before going on air, and I don’t think they would have done that on their holidays. I could be wrong of course but my money is on Feb 1.

1 Like

Well the original press release did state that Karl and Lisa would be back on Today with a fresh look, so who knows

TV Tonight says it’s tomorrow “Today is also refreshing its set from Monday and rebranding Mornings as Today Extra from February 8th”.

1 Like

[quote=“Read_It_First, post:68, topic:101, full:true”]
I highly doubt we will see changes on today, tomorrow. I would expect either Feb 1 or Feb 8. Previously Karl and Lisa have come back and done at least a week of rehearsals in the new set before going on air, and I don’t think they would have done that on their holidays. I could be wrong of course but my money is on Feb 1.
[/quote] I was thinking of that actually today. In 2012, when the set was relaunched, I think both Karl and Lisa returned Jan 9, allowing two weeks before the new set. HOWEVER, in 2010, Sunrise did a dress rehearsal on the WEEKEND before the new set on Monday, minus Nat, so we still have hope. On the same day of Sunrise, I think is highly unlikely, eith Jan 25 or 8 Feb[quote=“David, post:64, topic:101, full:true”]
Not much talk for this new set tomorrow. I bet it’s not even new just a few little changes. Last time they changed it in 2012 they were teasing it all weekend.
[/quote] Chris Urquhart did tease on Friday, Today has teased a new look since November 2015 in Upfronts so maybe. And I remember on Sunday night 29th January in 2012, Lisa sent out a teaser of a very dark pic. Fingers crossed for tomorrow and a complete relaunch not modifications.

[quote=“nationalnews, post:71, topic:101, full:true”]

Nat was there for the 2010 relaunch.

[quote=“Travis, post:72, topic:101”]
Nat was there for the 2010 relaunch.
[/quote] I don’t think she was there for the rehearsals, which I was addressing, on the weekend. Happy to be corrected though.

I think TODAY tried to be clever by putting a curb in the 2 year at least wait for a relaunch of Sunrise with the announcement of Today Extra. However, Sunrise have thrown that trick right back in their face, with rumours of Eddy joining Sam, Nat, Kochie and Beretts at the desk and of a new weather presenter (Andrew Morley). Truly, I am more intrigued by what Sunrise is going to dish up, even though I haven’t watched them fully for close to two months, than what’s ahead for TODAY. TODAY has disappointed me too many times with minor relaunches, wrong presenters replacing others. I will be watch with interest for both but I am waiting for Feb 1 for Sunrise and TMS.

Lisa on instagram: “That’s it, holiday over. Karl & I are back!!! See you from 5.30 tomorrow on @thetodayshow for what’s going to be a huge year. #today9

Absolutely nothing about a relaunch tomorrow. The only person saying its tomorrow is TV Tonight and they could just be assuming. Will be interesting to see if anything happens in the morning.

3 Likes

I am now not going to support my earlier predicament of a relaunch tomorrow but Feb 8 or later. What show would launch a new set and then do an OB the next day? Surely not. We’ll have to wait and see.

what show would bring back the two main anchors then launch a new look 2 or so weeks later?

Be watching Nine at 7pm too for Tracy’s return… likely changes there too from what I’ve heard.

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like it will be this morning.

1 Like

Nah I think we can safely say Today is not the day for Today.

2 Likes

Proving TV Tonight just made it up.

1 Like