Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Unfortunately every media outlet will probably run with this story from Woman’s Day.

Nine has told B&T:

4 Likes

Doesn’t Today not irregularly include regional areas along the East Coast as part of their “We Love Australia” weeks of OBs?

Also the three North Queensland locations (Airlie Beach, Townsville & Palm Cove) Today are heading to later this week are in Regional Australia, the last I checked.

i said regional australia as in all of the coast of regional australia , not just the east coast , i think this is where todays fails and sunrise gains. at least with the sunrise weather they do regional australia and all of regional australia not just the east coast

Today doesn’t mention any weather for SA and WA except Adelaide and Perth? I find that difficult to believe.

Well maybe you should’ve made that point clearer in your earlier post.

Now correct me if I’m wrong on this, but I thought there is (or used to be) at least one weather segment during the course of Today where they’d take a more in-depth/regional look at the day’s forecast for Queensland, NSW/ACT, Victoria/Tasmania and SA/NT/WA.

well yes but not there weather presenters go , sunrise do send there weather presenters to regional australia, where i dont think (correct me if iam wrong) today dont do that

The weather presenter on Sunrise presents on-location paid advertorials.

2 Likes

not when sam mac did a-z of australia it wasnt the only thing that was paid was the Winnebago the rest was viewer originated

I never said team up Karl with Deb… but also, hosts/presenters/reporters move around the country all the time for jobs. The key would be attending events down in Melbourne and being seen.

Your spots presenter could actually be from Melbourne and be in the studio.

@blackbox do you think Karl would really come back? Cos you’re right, that would create a huge buzz…
Would they need to fire the EP first who thought firing Karl and keeping Georgie was a good idea?

I think a year ago he would have absolutely said no (and was desperate to get out)… but things are different now

1 Like

4 Likes

The OB today is a significant improvement on some of the ones they were doing, in 2017, for example. Tom is reading the news on location (like what Sunrise does) over being back in the studio and Stevie is at Toronga Zoo today. They are still using those director’s chairs, though. It would be good if they could purchase a cane sofa for these OBs (especially when they are on a beach).

The team also seem to be more energised today.

3 Likes

9 Likes

That view is beautiful!

5 Likes

Later in the morning

4 Likes

A brand new Today Show website. But with old bio’s of them

2 Likes

Due to Adani protesters in Townsville, Lara Vella has had to take over from the OB in the studio. Back to normal at 6.10 (after 15mins or so).

Also, with the election being called today and the hosts in Townsville, Chris Ulhman is hosting the coverage (no input from hosts).

1 Like

Thursday -
Townsville