Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I think Today are taking a risk to be doing an OB from Queensland in the coming week. These are notorious for under-performing in the ratings and given the perilous state of their numbers at the moment, they would do better to say in the studio.

6 Likes

Coverage ended at 10am with Tom crossing to Richard and Sonia for Today Extra.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly.

1 Like

2 Likes

What does everyone think about the new graphics?
I think they are a big improvement on the last graphics package and right up there with the 2014/15 graphics, which I really liked.

3 Likes

I agree. Massive improvement.

I just don’t like it when the super “shrinks” to the reporter name (etc). Would rather it remained full length.

2 Likes

I agree

1 Like

Promo fro NQ next week

4 Likes

Why is Today scheduled until 11am this morning?

1 Like

Maybe they assumed an election announcement this morning?

1 Like

You’re probably right but how ridiculous. An extra hour just for that?

That would involve press conferences and further analysis from Chris Ulhman and Samantha Maiden, so the extra hour might be warranted (they still have normal programming). They could then compete with Insiders on the ABC.

It will be interesting to see if they keep the extra hour today (given it was arranged in advance, probably).

They already compete with Insiders?

Expect Seven, Nine and the ABC to cover the announcement in full.

Any caps of Tiegate?

Tiegate?

Jacketgate 2.0. Robert Penfold and the other reporter were both wearing ties with similar patterns. It was a diamond check pattern.

I only saw David, Jane and Lara joking about it and they showed a shot of both reporters on screen. Could have been behind the scenes footage. I’m not sure if they both appeared on screen earlier with the same ties or whether one of them was asked to change it.

1 Like

IIRC Weekend Sunrise hosted by Larry Emdur and Samantha Armytage went until about 1pm when Julia Gillard announced the 2010 Federal Election.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Does anyone have a cap of just georgie, deb & Tom at the desk, with as little graphics as possible (ie just logo & weather)? Just wanting it for my today mock…