Today (2015-Sept 2020)

That’s ridiculous. The pairing of Sam & Nat filling in for Kochie over the last year or so is a very likeable partnership and the future of Sunrise is in very safe hands with those two as hosts.

1 Like
5 Likes

Caps:

17 Likes

A very crowded desk.

15 Likes

Should have ditched that opening theme with the old graphics… shame they’ve kept it.

1 Like

I like that they’ve got the Nine watermark onscreen instead of the solid logo previously used

12 Likes

Lara Vella is presenting weather this week.

2 Likes

No change to weather graphics:

10 Likes

I like the graphics except that there seems to be too much white on the big banners.

Could it look better if they shrunk those? If they moved the headline to the left, in the same way they do with the reporters name, there would be less vacant white.

image image

3 Likes

Now that I have seen it on air, I don’t mind the logo actually.

I agree. You shouldn’t have two different style supers, IMO. Either they meet nicely or are fitted to the text.

It is great that the supers are much smaller and I liked the graphics used in the opener. The split screen is a big improvement too. Shame that there was no change to the weather though.

3 Likes

This one. :+1: Less visual pollution.

8 Likes

Meh. Mehhhhhhhh.

Seems like something movie producers make when they want to make television graphics for a movie scene but aren’t allowed to make them too similar to the actual product. Just a weird mix-mash of old elements without a consistent theme or element behind them.

9 Likes

1 Like

Not bad!
Graphics are so much better than before.

6 Likes

Does the breaking news strap still scroll the wrong way?

Do we think there is no weather flipper because it would potentially look out of place when the middle strap isn’t on the screen/shorter?

It’s a shame that they haven’t had any great packages since the 2015 package.
It was able to fit the time, weather and logo into the one box on the left corner without feeling overly cluttered.

They’d probably be able to do something similar if they made the Today box a bit bigger.

1 Like

No

1 Like

Steinfort is an ordinary newsreader. He has two of the best newsreaders in the country sitting beside him. Ditch him and get them to read the news.

7 Likes

Just woke up to Christine Ahern bellowing at me from the site of a car accident in Melbourne. It’s 7am, do we honestly need the dramatics?

Graphics are eh. Logo works better than I expected, but simultaneously would fit the square/cube 9 logo of 13 years ago (…relaunch?). Being a “news show” now they could do with a ticker, especially with the lower thirds no longer filling most of the screen by default. That said, points to Nine for ditching the solid watermark!

Won’t have much time to pay attention to the new team so will save my reservations for another time, if I can actually be bothered

6 Likes