Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Should have photoshopped Scott Morrison’s shoes on Deb. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Surely the shit pic is Nine’s fault :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Apologies in advance for a post that is not about Monday’s show :wink: .

This tweet that is demonstrably incorrect receiving a lot of criticism for poor journalism. Many calls for it to be removed and a correction published.

6 Likes

I think your first paragraph proves my point.

I’ll leave it at that.

This team is instantly more appealing than Sam and Kochie to me. Breakfast TV is all about habits and you can’t break those over night so shuffling this team around within 2 years will only result in greater viewer erosion. I predict this team will do better even if it’s not an instant spike in ratings.

Additinally, it seemed to me that Stevie was staying with the program when they had him lead Timmy’s farewell broadcast.

5 Likes

It’s proves my point and I’ll leave it at that.

It is difficult because they are launching a fresh team but, at the same time, some viewers are complaining about lack of familarity. You cannot please everyone.

Tyson, I see your point but I disagree. Stevie is very popular and talented. He can ad-lib and do stunts yet conduct good interviews. In fact, I believe his absence contributed slightly to the ratings fall. Other than a meteorologist, do you have a better suggestion?

They’re not going to do an overhaul of the set and graphics that’s way too much change for the simpletons who won’t be able to handle it. It would be like trying to get people to watch WAKE UP.

We already seen in the photo provided by Brooke that there is a graphics update.

5 Likes

According to Stevie’s instagram, he’s in Vanuatu on vacation with his daughters for the school holidays at the moment.

2 Likes

Sunday Herald Sun article about Deb and Georgie today didn’t mention that Steve Jacobs is presenting weather, but it was mentioned in the Courier Mail article.

1 Like

Judging by one of her tweets l think Lara Vella could be presenting the weather this week.

The 2 woman debate is interesting… ultimately I think everyone agrees that the 2 best people should get the gig.

I’ve never had a problem with 2 women, 2 men, a combo of man and woman, woman and puppet or man and bloodhound (that’s a reference to Simon Townsend’s Wonder World for the youngsters in the audience).

But, perception is important and so too is knowing your audience. Given what I perceive to be Today’s socio-economic demographic I would agree they need to be a little careful about waving the “girl power” flag and play up the “best person” angle. I’m not saying they shouldn’t do it, just be cautious about where they place the emphasis.

It’s doesnt change anything of course but then marketing never does.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Exactly this. The sunrise people are so unlikabe and unwatchable. Don’t see the appeal in that show.

11 Likes

“Today is rated AO” is what I thought. Yes, I remember the old classifications.

4 Likes

They just took out the consonants

A flight of stairs maybe?

1 Like

They have succeeded by essentially being a carbon copy of the NBC Today Show. Sunrise plays up that whole bubbly family feeling and viewers dawned over that for so long until the family fell apart. Once Kochie leaves Sunrise it’ll become much easier for Today to compete. Sam simply cannot carry that show.

Good Morning America hadn’t competed with Today in 16 years until they took a risk and now they’ve been #1 for 7 years. Rewards takes risk. What Today was doing was not working so they have nothing to lose with this shake up.

1 Like