Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Lisa on holidays?

[quote=“mattrobts, post:590, topic:101, full:true”]
Lisa on holidays?
[/quote] I assume so, she began her annual leave today ( she does often start them mid/end week)

1 Like

Channel Nine insists Sonia Kruger will be back

Quite a long wide-ranging article, includes comments on Seven, Sunrise, Studio 10, The Project and even The Circle, The Verdict and more.

CHANNEL NINE insists that Sonia Kruger will be back for her regular Mixed Grill segment on the Today show on Monday.

The announcement comes as media experts warn that the emerging trend of networks getting their own stars to be part of contentious TV debates is a recipe for disaster.

Kruger is still embroiled in controversy nearly a week after calling for Australia to close its borders to Muslims to prevent terrorism.

Fusion Strategy boss Steve Allen wonders why a major network star who hosts big budget entertainment show The Voice was even put in that situation.

“The problem is that networks don’t know what a star’s attitude and point of view is when they are asked to comment live or on the spot,” Allen says. “That is clearly a high-risk strategy.”

3 Likes

Saturday (23.07.16) - Sunday (24.07.16): Deb is reading the weather as Natalia will be presenting the weather on Today next week.

1 Like

Completely agree.

Now, everyone will be waiting for her to say something the least bit controversial and jump on her.

Monday (25.07.16): Karl and Sylvia are co-hosting live from Thredbo this morning for Christmas in July. Ross, Tim, Dickie and Natalia Cooper are joining them in their respective roles. Aislin Kriukelis is reading the news in studio 23.

Tuesday (26.07.16)- Friday (29.07.16): Sylvia is co-hosting with Karl while Lisa is on annual leave. Aislin Kriukelis is reading the news and Natalia Cooper is on the weather.

2 Likes

Week 29 ratings

won by Today by 6,000 nationally and in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.

1 Like

The Daily Telegraph has turned on Today.

Today co-host Karl Stefanovic ‘had lunch’ with James Packer after reporting on terror attack in Nice
The admission came as Nine and Today are still feeling the heat from Sonia Kruger’s call on the breakfast show’s Mixed Grill segment for Australia to end Islamic immigration.
The Daily Telegraph

yes because how dare someone eat food.

4 Likes

Surely…surely this must be some sort of joke.

4 Likes

Now there’s your problem right there! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anything media-related from that paper (especially Sydney Confidential) should be taken with a grain of salt.

2 Likes

Wow catching up with a friend after work for dinner and a drink is a crime according to that rag,the stories they come up with daily are always pathetic!.

2 Likes

Surprised they didn’t say in the headline “You’ll Never Guess What They Ate”

1 Like

That joke happens to be the Daily Telegraph, so: no, no it isn’t :frowning:

Was it posh French food and French champagne? :wink:

…w-what?

This has to be one of the most befuddling articles I’ve ever read. Does the Terrorgraph really expect me to care what Karl gets up to whilst off air? Because I really don’t.

But wouldn’t that apply to any host? It doesn’t stop them, from Samantha Armytage to Waleed Aly, Yumi Stynes, Sonia Kruger and now Karl Stefanovic.

I don’t care about the personal lives of those people either. It’s all inane and useless information.

which is entirely why it’s covered by The Daily Telegraph.That’s their specialty apart from comic-book style Page Ones.

3 Likes

But that’s the inane society which we live in. I don’t care about that stuff either but a lot of people obviously do which is why gossip magazines, newspapers, websites and tv shows continue to peddle this rubbish.

The Today show is just as guilty as any of them for perpetuating it. Have you seen the stalkerish behaviour regarding Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston lately or any other celebrity who is in the country?