Today (2015-Sept 2020)

yeah but they were already on air when the news of that broke.

1 Like

Please, no. :slight_smile:

Next it will be 5.30am then 5am, then all night. Let the kids have their 1 hour block between 6am-7am.

1 Like

As always Karl is doing a fantastic job covering these tragic events.

Most parents l know play DVD’s for the kiddies instead.

2 Likes

There’s plenty of other channels for that: 7TWO, GO, Eleven, ABC2, ABC3. And GO is pretty much a kids/cartoon channel all day now.

6 Likes

Won’t somebody please think of the children? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Sylvia Jeffreys returns from holidays tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Monday (18.07.16) : Karl Stefanovic is hosting the Bastille Day Terror Attacks live from Nice. Sylvia Jeffreys and Lisa Wilkinson are holding the fort back in the studio. Richard Wilkins is on holidays.
Tuesday (19.07.16) : Peter Stefanovic is co-hosting with Lisa while Karl is in transit. Richard Wilkins is on holidays.
Wednesday (20.07.16): Lovebirds Peter Stefanovic and Sylvia Jeffreys are co-hosting (It appears Lisa is now on leave) and Aislin Kriukelis is reading the news. Richard Wilkins is on holidays.
Thursday (21.07.16): Tim Gilbert is co-hosting with Sylvia until 6.30 when Karl returned. Aislin Kriukelis is reading the news and Natalia Cooper is presenting the weather. Richard Wilkins returned from leave.
Friday (22.07.16): Natalia Cooper is presenting the weather

1 Like

Surprised not to see Sonia Kruger’s comment mentioned here…

Surprised no one has mentioned the disgusting comments made by Sonia on the show this morning. Completely uninformed, but then again why even should experts on particular issues exist if the only opinions we actually care to listen to are morning show autocue readers and Andrew fucking Bolt?

Interesting that the perpetrators of the French attacks earlier this year and on Hebdo were (mostly?) born in France. I suggest that proves there’s a problem with Muslim-and-societal integration and marginalisation. Those who are ostracised from society are more easily lured into terror. Shock horror. So while Sonia is mouthing off “tha muzzies” on national television and making Pauline Hanson-esque opinions ‘the norm’, a whole new generation of young Muslims with a lot of potential are going to suffer from racial attacks and a feeling of marginalisation.

Well done.

Edit: @OnAir damn son beaten

Edit 2: I would like to also say one further thing: Sonia, you should resign.

8 Likes

Irrelevant to my opinion (which happens to be in the same vein but less eloquent than @pelican’s post above) - why do such programmes continue to provide a voice to people who are uninformed?

Surely, it would be more constructive to have, say, a national security expert, a lecturer - the host(s) can then throw in questions like “do we have a right to be scared?” and such an person would have an educational, rational response.

Not sure how people can justify such an argument as free speech when they’re wishing for hurtful, dangerous and reactionary constitutional reform, but anyhow.

6 Likes

The Daily Telegraph described Sonia Kruger’s comments as ill-informed, but neglected to describe Andrew Bolt’s in a similar way. Bolt is an untouchable at News Corp; Kruger will probably cop more heat.

2 Likes

Something that Nine should issue a statement regarding, though they will probably just go with an apology on The Footy Show.

16 Likes

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And if she resigned it would seem that Nine have lacked ‘freedom of speech’ and would be considered idiotic.

2 Likes

I don’t think she should resign but I seriously question Nine’s judgement in using her in that type opinion segment on Today. As a host of what is supposedly a light entertainment morning show and a night time talent show, I don’t think she should be so political or opinionated. Her role is to interview and chat not be judgemental or make social comment.

What happens now when she has to interview people of different race or religion on Today Extra or even The Voice? The media will constantly be referring back to her outspoken commentary or wondering how awkward people will be feeling around her. I think this potentially could damage her role as presenter of the lighter stuff. Or maybe she is angling for a job at Sky News?

1 Like

If I were producers of Today Extra I’d be wheeling out every outspoken Muslim today to nail her and to generate even more publicity… there’s never bad publicity the experts keep saying.

I thought her comments were extremely distasteful and ridiculous, but she only parrots what the mentally incompetent fools at News Corpse keep dredging up day after day to sell their fear and loathing shit-sheets to the masses of brain-dead imbeciles who believe everything written because they’re too stupid to process individual thoughts.

3 Likes

Sonia Kruger acknowledges views on Muslim immigrants may be 'extreme’
Sydney Morning Herald

I agree, why do they have hosts of the following show coming on to comment on the news? Lack of guests or commentators? Seems odd.

it’s for cross promotion, Sunrise do it too

Is it worth looking stupid or ignorant on subjects they know nothing about?

[quote=“Salty, post:559, topic:101”]
Monday’s Christmas in July broadcast from Thredbo has now been postponed.
[/quote] This OB will be happening next Monday, July 25 with Karl Stefanovic and Sylvia Jeffreys.