Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Monday (04.07.16)- Wednesday (06.07.16): Karl is on assignment this week with Ben Fordham co-hosting (:rolling_eyes:). Aislin Kriukelis is again on the news and Natalia Cooper on the weather.

Thursday (07.07.16)- Friday (08.07.16): Ben Fordham still co-hosting with Aislin Kriukelis on the news. Stevie returned to his weather duties from having a few days off.

1 Like

So over the last 5 weeks it’s been alternating weekly wins - Sunrise, Today, Sunrise, Today,Sunrise - is that right?

Today needs to add Newcastle (NBN) and a few other SCA area cities to weather flipper

Just don’t add any more cities to that chunky, cluttered and inaccurate weather map.

2 Likes

You cannot see most of the eastern side of Australia with those labels on it.

They should use it in a Geography class as an inaccurate representation of Australia!

1 Like

I’ve always thought they need to re-design those graphics because of that.

1 Like

…or rather than a map, just have the national weather as a standard full screen graphic with all the major locations listed.

4 Likes

Mind you, they could easily just make the font a little smaller so there’s gaps in between the cities. Wonder if they’d thought of that? Lol

2 Likes

That’s probably the smartest idea yet.

1 Like
5 Likes

Karl has been filming a story in the US for 60 Minutes this week.David Campbell would have been a better fill in for him than Ben.Ben’s profile on Nine has risen this year unfortunately.

4 Likes

[quote=“Salty, post:536, topic:101”]
David Campbell would have been a better fill in for him than Ben.Ben’s profile on Nine has risen this year unfortunately.
[/quote]Tell me about ( means he isn’t ruled out as a replacement for Karl). Whilst Ben has increased his appearance on Nine, David Campbell has limited his appearance on Today despite him being more in the ‘family’ than ever before. TBH, it wouldn’t surprise me if Ben permanently returned to the network next year.

[quote=“Salty, post:319, topic:148, full:true”]
Aislin Kriukelis presenting Friday Early News this week.
[/quote] Although Aislin presented the Early News from studio 3, she first appeared on Today at 5.34. Ben Fordham and Lisa Wilkinson began the news headlines at 5.30.

Monday (11.07.16) : Aislin Kriukelis is reading the news and Tim Gilbert is live from Adelaide.
Tuesday (12.07.16) - Wednesday (13.07.16) : Aislin Kriukelis is reading the news.
Thursday (14.07.16) : Aislin Kriukelis is reading the news and Natalia Cooper is presenting the weather. Tim Gilbert was late so Karl read sport.
Friday (15.07.16): Aislin Kriukelis is reading the news and Natalia Cooper is back on weather duties.

1 Like

Caps of the current Generic Promo Endtags (first one would work well as a Opening Titlecard IMO!):

6 Likes

Stevie Jacobs is co-hosting again this weekend.

Are Today and Sunrise going to stalk Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston outside their Gold Coast apartment for the next three months? Seriously? FFS. This is embarrassing.

1 Like

I have noticed that Today on the weekend has been beating Weekend Sunrise, or at least extremely close, over the past few weeks.

Congratulations to Sylvia Jeffreys and Peter Stefanovic who have just announced their engagement on Instagram.

3 Likes

The Daily Mail implying that Karl Stefanovic is somehow out of his brothers inner family circle because Karl wasn’t on holidays with them and he found out about Peter’s engagement after it happened.

TODAY HEADS TO THE SNOW TO CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS IN JULY

Monday 18 July from 5.30am on Thredbo’s ‘Friday Flat’

Australia’s favourite breakfast program, TODAY, is hitting the slopes on Monday, July 18, from 5.30am to celebrate all the wintry fun of Christmas in July.

Broadcasting live from the ski fields of the New South Wales Snowy Mountains, Karl Stefanovic and Lisa Wilkinson, together with Tim Gilbert, Steve Jacobs and Ross Greenwood, will dive into all the alpine action including night-flare skiing, snow yoga, climbing to the highest point in Australia and a huge Christmas in July party – all thanks to Destination NSW and the Thredbo Alpine Hotel.

Joining the team will be Olympic champion snowboarder, Torah Bright, who will undertake her biggest challenge to date – teaching the gang how to survive the kids’ slopes.

TODAY show viewers are welcome to come down to Thredbo’s Friday Flat and join in the fun where there’s sure to be hot chocolate, snowball fights, as well as a special Santa’s Double Dip cash giveaway.

Co-host Karl Stefanovic said: “The only good thing about winter is the snow, Ugg boots and mulled wine. And now, snow yoga … whatever that is.”

Co-host Lisa Wilkinson said: “Full disclosure – we’re actually spending the whole weekend at the snow before Monday’s broadcast. We felt it was important to properly sample all the alpine activities as well as the food, wine and … more food.”

2 Likes

I’m disgusted with the way Karl & Lisa treated a special guest on the program this morning. The special guest was a man who has ‘controversial’ theories on extra-terrestrial life and how life exists. I’m not suggesting that Karl & Lisa had to agree with what he was saying, but they didn’t have to talk over the top of him and treat him with disrespect. Personally, I don’t blame the special guest for abusing Karl & Lisa (off screens) when he left the studio. Yes, his theories may be questionable and hard to comprehend, but they still could have treated him a lot better than they did.

3 Likes