Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Notice how Darren Wick didn’t deny that Sylvia is leaving Today. :partying_face:

4 Likes

And Nine are majority owner of 2GB now too, maybe they’ll put the spotlight on his radio position?

:roll_eyes:

https://twitter.com/mrpford/status/1075295227538096128?s=20

I’d like to see David Campbell & Deborah Knight as hosts with Amelia Adams on News, James Bracey on Sport and weather with Steve Jacobs.

Weekends - Brenton Ragless with Allison Langdon, news with Seb Costello, sport with Rob Canning and weather with Natalia Cooper.

2 Likes

No. Today is a news show, despite recent indiscretions. It needs to be a journalist.

2 Likes

Nine News Perth replaced Tim McMillan with Michael Thomson so this wouldn’t surprise me. They have form.

2 Likes

It’s a news show for about 30 percent of the time and the rest of it is light entertainment.
I’m not saying the host needs to be a comedian but they shouldn’t be in the Jana Wendt mould either.

2 Likes

Oh my GOD KARL NO!!

Some punctuation would help to understand whether you are happy of devoed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Seems to be a lot more negative comments then positive comments in regards to Karl’s departure, the public seem to like him? It’ll be interesting to see how the ratings are impacted.

Better? :laughing:

No. :joy:

Oh my GOD, KARL. NO!!

Or

Oh my GOD. KARL? NO!!

1 Like

Exactly. That’s why it shouldn’t be David Campbell.

1 Like

I agree about Tim McMillan.
I remember he was excellent back in the day, when he filled in.

1 Like

I wonder if they’re gonna shoot an ep of this time next year where it starts off with a host walking in the door as a successful TV show host and then out of it as unemployed

12 Likes
1 Like

From Stevie Jacobs on Instagram

4 Likes
1 Like

No one has mentioned Jonathan Uptin. I’m not endorsing him but I’m also not a fan of the idea of Brenton Ragless.

4 Likes

I’m fascinated by the Sylvia bit as she usually hosts in January until Georgie comes back. Will be interesting to see if this happens next month.

1 Like