Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Chances are they will go to a three-host format similar to Good Morning America.

As for Channel Ten. PLEASE GET KARL… Coming in 2019 ‘10 This Morning with Lisa and Karl’. That would be amazing.

1 Like

Might be easier to link it for people to see…

7,043 Likes, 244 Comments - Lisa Wilkinson (@lisa_wilkinson) on Instagram: “Wishing @karlstefanovic_ all the best. Because when it was good, it was great...
@thetodayshow”

2 Likes

That would be amazing because as has been said many times this afternoon…KARL IS UNDER CONTRACT for another 12 months.

And even if they decide to let him go he’ll be on gardening leave for the remainder of his contract.

2 Likes

Probably a bit hard to compare someone early in their life without kids and looking for their big break to now with kids and a stable job that pays well. Don’t you think?

The wisdom of Facebook comments:

Ben Ford would be a great replacement

DO NOT PROMOTE David Campbell.

Really going to miss his hard hitting journalism

1 Like

I doubt Karl fits very well with the 10 brand anymore. He’ll also get a pay cut moving there (given Lisa will be on equal pay).

Peter will almost certainly be talking with them.

1 Like

One to download tomorrow morning.

6 Likes

I can see him moving to radio, prob FM like his mates Kyle and Tim Blackwell and just cater for his male audience or go the AM route like Alan Jones and Ben

Could there be a job swap with Karl and Ben? One things for sure Ben’s sitting pretty come contract negotiation time.

1 Like

I’d say what I think about him, but he’d probably send me a passive aggressive postcard (or does he save those for women?)

2 Likes

In the past he has offered holy pictures as prizes to people on Twitter, but it seems he never makes good on the promise.

1 Like

They need to ditch the arrogant presenters. Ben is arrogant. Brenton could work.

Fordham is the only 2GB presenter rating in single digits. Hadley has reportedly pushed for him to be removed in the past for under performing. With Nine cutting costs and cleaning house they may not be in the mood to splash the cash to keep him on their books as a part timer.

3 Likes

What’s the big deal about sending a note to someone’s place of work?
That’s how it used to be done before social media and the internet.

I’m not sure I’d bother if I was him but the faux outrage over someone sending a message via snail mail is kinda pathetic.

(Not that you’re making a big deal @AustralianAerial, rather the reaction from the women concerned)

I’m not convinced that Brenton will make any ratings difference. He seems like such a good person, but a polarising team is what they need.

1 Like

Tomorrow’s press release:

6 Likes

The Today YouTube page has started “The Best of Karl Stefanovic” videos.

1 Like

Feels like only yesterday when Today with Lisa and Karl were rapidly closing the gap between Sunrise.

7 Likes

I know he’s no longer with 9 but I think Tim McMillan would be a great choice as host.

5 Likes

Shouldn’t run for very long at all?

5 Likes

I agree - I think Tim McMillan and Deb added to the panel would be great.
Replace Pete on weekends with Brenton.

4 Likes