Today (2015-Sept 2020)

3 Likes

A significant improvement in the rundown for the weekend show today. An array of investigations, interviews, debate and lighter segments, with a focus on more serious agendas such as the NSW drought and a ‘special investigation’ into the Lindt Café Siege. The temporary E.P is doing a great job. Hopefully these serious and extended interviews enter the weekday show’s agenda.

There has also been some nice wide and sweeping shots of the studio, which is good to see.

They have also been altering the lighting behind Jayne, they should use it during the week. I much prefer the lighter orange tinge:

Or even yellow isn’t as much of an eyesore.

2 Likes

Promo for next week

4 Likes

Monday (02.07.2018): With the team live on the Gold Coast following The Logies, Lara Vella is reading the news from studio 24 in Sydney.

The setup on the GC is so amateur compared to the couches/desk they had at The Crown, in Melbourne.

1 Like

3 Likes

I wanted to see them to squeeze onto the gold coast set

3 Likes

Today and Today Extra’s coverage of the Logies follow up went much the same way as Nine treated the Logies - it was self centred and to the exclusion of other networks. Apart from reporting the winner of the Gold, the only stars interviewed across the 6 hours of programming were from Nine shows.

3 Likes

Why can’t Sylvia read the news on location?

2 Likes

Tuesday (03.07.2018): Sylvia Jeffreys is co-hosting with Karl this morning as Georgie is off sick. Allison Langdon is reading the news.

2 Likes

Tuesday -

3 Likes

It’s beyond me. I remember when Georgie read on location all the time.

Today’s Logie Edition won at breakfast.

1 Like

1 Like

A bit of a flashback on Today Perth News weather segments back in 2017, featuring its weather graphics as seen on Nine News which has since been reverted back to Today’s original one.

Now it’s 2018 and i don’t think that STW9 does it anyone now even if Scherri-Lee (Or any other backup weather presenters) is featured on some bulletins for such events although the last time was back on 9/2/2018.

4 Likes

I wonder if there’s any requirements (Eg. degree in communication) as well if kids would like to become news reporters.

Considering it’s only open to kids between 2 and 16 years of age, I’m not sure it would require a uni degree. But if they do have one, they’re probably a shoo-in.

5 Likes

Logo backdrop disappeared during Today Perth News (7:00AM,5/7/2018).

2 Likes

Doesn’t that look so much better. Especially without a backdrop on the 9 logo and Today logo. That’s how it look permanently.

1 Like

Geez that studio shot throwing to a cross is waaaay to wide!

5 Likes