Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Snazzy new set with a verrry expensive curved plasma wall behind them…yet decade old laptops cluttering the desk. If the computers are really that important for them to have (ie Sylvia even has hers shut) then at least go out and buy some nice looking, slim ultrabooks or better yet a tablet/2-in-1 laptop that can sit flat on the desk rather than having those big ugly screens sticking up all over the place.

7 Likes

Alicia Loxley

4 Likes

The Show looks so much better in the news set!

3 Likes

Looks absolutely fantastic. They just need to fix the news backdrop and the logo on the desk, but that’s it.

1 Like

Some other caps:

Really? I think it needs a lot of work if Today were to move back into studio 21 at TCN. To me, it came across as a throw-together. In the first five minutes, it looked like they had not rehearsed anything (needed it considering the BTS team don’t work with automation on a daily basis).

The backdrop behind Sylvia is revolting and the newsroom is rather dull, despite the orange lighting. The black flooring isn’t enlightening for breakfast. The city outline could hardly be seen because it is templated for their usual screen.

Also, why didn’t they modify their sunrise backdrop with the Melbourne skyline? I understand it was for consistency but what is the point of promoting that you are in Melbourne if viewers can’t physically see it???

Positives: I do like the desk and its stage and that should be used on a permanent basis. The fancy white stool used in front of the videowall was good too.

I think I have found Karl’s replacement…

The only thing i would realistically change is the background behind Sylvia. The rest makes it look so much more modern & fresh IMO.

1 Like

I would love them to build a new set that is just an extension of the current news set(with a soft set). This morning’s set up looks downright sexy, although they should’ve ditched the striped panels for the full length of the skyline backdrop on the videowall.

6 Likes

That’s what their normal set looks like too. Particularly the giant plasma presentation area - by comparison the news wall at GTV looks much nicer.

3 Likes

They also had a V/O this morning (Pete Smith)!!! Hopefully they keep this.

If it were permanent, I would probably have a panel that would insert over the newsroom backdrop and relace the one on the large videowall (is it a plasma or a panel) on the RHS. Or at least more Sylvia to the RHS, in front of the newsroom.

Yeah, I hate the stripes too. I think the news set could have looked a WHOLE lot better, that’s all.

2 Likes

Did anyone happen to cap the opener this morning with the voiceover?

Using camera operators this morning instead of the robots.

Cap from Facebook live video.

8 Likes

The way it should always be :cry:

Why was it in the news room this morning? Any reason?

They are broadcasting from the Melbourne newsroom. As to why they decided to stay indoors rather than in the city, I don’t know.

1 Like

A lot of the time its to do with the software that holds the show rundown, Things like iNews and AP EPNS cant run on surfaces and chromebooks ect.

I would have put the Today logo onto the right monitor with the layered bits on the left

1 Like

Yep, just like they do for news.

Or even have it set out like the news have their logo + add the date on the opposite screen (?)

1 Like

It should be great having Hitch reading the news tomorrow!!

7 Likes

I could be wrong, but I daresay Hitch will just be on What’s Making News, like Alicia was this morning.

4 Likes

Read Pete’s post above yours.

2 Likes