Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Seven certainly wouldn’t hesitate to do the same if the roles were reversed, I just think it’s is unbelievably petty to exclude Seven but then welcome Ten and ABC journos with open arms.

Maybe Seven should grant Ten and ABC increased access to the Commonwealth Games just to get up Nine’s nose!

4 Likes

Today won at breakfast yesterday by 22,000.

This is the third consecutive Monday.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Melbourne isn’t really loving Today in the ratings ATM. So I would expect a lot of OBs from there from here on.

1 Like

Could you say that this is partly due to the success of Married at First sight resulting in people not switching the channel the next morning? Of course you could still talk about the other days MAFS is on and Today doesn’t win but i’m just interested in knowing if thats the case.

1 Like

Perhaps they should’ve picked a Melbournian to be the new co-presenter of Today?

As it’s been said before, Sunrise does a pretty good job at getting presenters familiar to people in most states. Although Today does have Natalia Cooper and Georgie Gardner (even though career wise, I’d see the latter as more of a “Sydney” personality) representing WA, their presenting team is quite NSW and Queensland-heavy apart from that.

2 Likes

Looks like Georgie Gardner is doing the tricks :wink:

It is really hard to draw a correlation between the two. However, it is possible as Today rarely wins on Thursdays and Fridays (when Nine air RBT the night before).

I think Georgie is a great option. I would look at replacing Sylvia with Alicia Loxley or Tim Gilbert with Rebeca Maddern/Clint Stanaway.

Not so sure about yesterday’s ratings, but last Monday, I think why Today was ahead by 14,000 was because Sunrise had dropped significantly, not more viewers watching Today…

2 Likes

But on Sundays MAFS had huge ratings and a massive gap to Seven.

That’s my point… Today has won consecutive mondays because of the huge MAFS ratings on Sunday.

During a segment this morning on healthy meals Georgie said they would be perfect for her grandma, so Karl said to her sample some of the food she said no thanks, Karl then joked you would give it to your to grandma but you don’t know what it tastes like. Georgie then said to Karl ‘Shut Up l’ve been waiting six weeks to say that now l have finally said it’.:joy:
Karl had a good laugh at her response.
She should of told him to shut up and behave yourself on her first day. :grinning:

4 Likes

Saw this on Today yesterday morning.
Live cross to Brisbane clearly giving away the fact that the show was on one-hour delay

6 Likes

5 Likes

Peter Hitchener this morning

2 Likes

Did Karl end up in the Yarra river? They kept building it up all morning, but I switched to Studio 10 and missed it.

Yes charity jump into the Yarra raised $10,000 for Melbourne’s Royal Children’s Hospital.

6 Likes

Hey Guys
Do any of you know this song

Bag Raiders - Shooting Stars

1 Like

After getting married yesterday, Karl is off this week to celebrate and work on 60 Minutes too.

1 Like