Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Yeah that is weird music. It’s like they’re implying Georgie is a big threat! but not in a good way.

1 Like

That’s a terrible promo.

1 Like

Why are they making the promo sound like their awful ‘Meltdown of the Century’ style promos when Morning breakfast is supposed to be light and informative?

1 Like

Promo for Georgie and Karl

4 Likes
1 Like

:open_mouth: I’m scared!!!

5 Likes

Oh wow. Agree with everyone else, what’s with the scary music and voiceover? Why isn’t it fun and upbeat?

The blue background in that promo loosely reminds me of the 2006 sunrise look… (the full screens and even blue pattern behind the set in this video)

4 Likes

I take it as kind of a tongue in cheek promo. The first time you see it on Nine amoungst all the other promos you think it’s gonna be something massive and dramatic… until you see Georgie and Karl.

1 Like

Tom Steinfort has posted an Instagram story that it is his last day in the Today studio. No more Weekend Today? Last for 2017? Back to being a correspondent?

1 Like

Could it be a new studio maybe?

Peter Stefanovic was only announced as going to 60 Minutes for one year to cover Allison Langdon’s maternity leave and reduced workload.

Maybe Pete will resume his Weekend Today role in 2018 and with Alli apparently joining Weekend Today, this creates an opening for Tom on 60.

2 Likes

Thank god. He was never the best host, and producers seemed to realise this throughout the year when he was sent out to do assignments. It will be interesting to see if Pete will return to the weekend role. Allison Langdon has also featured in the new 60 Minutes photo shoot.

Tomorrow, Tom is doing an OB for sport on Today for Free Fuel Friday, hence that statement.

1 Like

If rumours are to be believed, his ego put a lot of Today staff offside.

1 Like

I’m wondering if it is Pete and he’s starting Saturday week? Charles Croucher said he was only doing December and isn’t Sylvia expected back to host Today from next week? With Sylvia back obviously Pete would be too it would be perfect timing to have Pete host Weekend Today with Jayne until Allison starts (and possibly Sydney News Fri and Sat) giving Deb a much deserved break from next week?

I think Deb will be continue hosting until Georgie starts… maybe Sylvia will host with her and Tim back on sport (as it appears Tom won’t be on sport from next week).

It’ll be interesting to see what they do as normally we’d get Tim McMillan in January so either way it’ll be something different.

2 Likes

Yeah, Deb said that she is co-hosting for three months ( which leads nice up until Georgie starts).

As David said, Tim McMillan would normally be hosting. However, I think Tim Gilbert will co-host until Karl returns. James Bracey returns from leave next week, so maybe he will be back on sport.

1 Like

Tom will probably go back to the UK, I can’t see any other shows he could be apart of? and going back to a news reporter in Australia is a step backwards. maybe he’ll go to LA?

They are really working Deb hard this year! Doing Today and the nightly news. Really getting their moneys worth.

I understand people can play personas, but his Social Media doesnt reflect this to me. Interesting observation though.

1 Like