Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Possibly. Just seems very opportunistic.

[quote=“MarkHD, post:199, topic:101”]
can’t see a problem with what Lisa wrote -
[/quote] Me neither. Lisa could also have put it on as a joke. [quote=“Salty, post:200, topic:101, full:true”]
Peter Stefanovic co-hosting with Natalia and Jayne Azzopardi on News this weekend.
[/quote] And I assume that will be the presenting team for a few months. Were there any acknowledgements at all on Today, Weekend Today or 9 News Sydney that Cam has left? Not everyone would know so even if Pete dropped some subtle hints like; " I am now in the big chair," or " I have big shoes to fill…" On Thursday, Today could have easily did a brief package as not only was he at Nine for 10 years but Today for 10 years. IMO, even though he resigned and quit, Nine should not be able just to turn a blind eye to the services.

Obviously, Peter is the permanent new co-host, no need for announements. One of the main factors why he was chosen is because he will be able to read sport as well as co-host. If David Campbell was given the role, they would have had to most likely get Clint Stanaway. For some reason, Pete worked better with the weekday team and find him boring on Weekend Today. Hang on, I found Cam boring too so maybe it is the format.

1 Like

Who are these people? I know Peter, but the others? I switched over and it doesn’t look like a “team” at all…

Yeah who is Natalia Cooper, it’s not like she’s been a presenter on Australian television for 10+ years or anything…

8 Likes

Today Perth News is fantastic.

All 9 owned & operated stations should do this.

1 Like

Thanks for that @Brad Now I know her name, I was able to find out a bit about her. Seems most of her career has been in WA until the last couple of years. Since then she has been a NSW reporter for 9News and Today. Given I’m in Qld and I don’t watch Today, that would explain why she’s not familiar to me. Thanks.

Of course she would be unfamiliar if you don’t watch Today? I don’t get your point.

7 Likes

[quote=“spw68, post:203, topic:101”]
Who are these people? I know Peter, but the others? I switched over and it doesn’t look like a “team” at all…
[/quote] The funny thing is Natalia actually worked for Seven. Here is an article about Natalia Cooper, but to summarise; she has read the weather for 7 News Perth, 9 News Perth, anchored news on 7 News Perth; reporter at Nine News Sydney and Today since 2013, and has been the weekend weather presenter on Today since 2015, when Emma left. As for Jayne, she is more of a rising star in Nine but has been with the network for a number of years.

[quote=“KICK-IT, post:205, topic:101, full:true”]
Today Perth News is fantastic. All 9 owned & operated stations should do this.
[/quote] It’s good to hear what Western Australian viewers think of the bulletin, as I am in no position to judge. If a similar idea was implemented in Queensland, I would like the idea as long as I wasn’t missing any of the national TODAY.

I noticed this morning that their is no citation to Weekend Today and seems to have been rebranded as just TODAY. Someone mentioned it in Sunrise thread and I think that its a good idea. Obviously since the 2012 relaunch, Weekend Today is back presenting behind the desk.

1 Like

Jayne Azzopardi is perhaps most familiar to Sydney viewers as a reporter on Nine News and IMO, definitely a rising star within the network.

As for Natalia Cooper, she was mainly presenting over in Perth until moving over to Sydney in 2013 as everyone else has already covered.

2 Likes

I’m baffled.

2 Likes

Don’t be baffled. I was just saying that they weren’t familiar to me. You don’t have to watch a show to know the presenters. General publicity in the media makes them well known to the public and there’s often some sort of promotion before they start. I just didn’t know who these people were.

Today Perth promo

2 Likes

Today won last week by 18,000. It won the 3 east coast markets and four out of five days.

4 Likes

Tuned in to see what Today had on offer. Funny animal videos at 6.12? A bit early I would’ve thought? The graphic on screen for the segment was gawdy. Then Graham Richardson after the break.

I rarely get to watch breakfast television, but from the bits and pieces that I have seen I get the impression that the general content of both Sunrise and Today is closer to that of an entertainment program than a serious news program these days. I’d really like to see the general viewing public vote with their remotes by switching off the “FM radio-style” Sunrise & Today and giving ABC News Breakfast a try instead, but I can’t see that happening anytime soon.

2 Likes

Just added the breakfast TV ratings to report - another narrow win for Today on Tuesday.

2 Likes

[quote=“ShadowDan, post:218, topic:101”]
As for the ABC , i distrust this public broadcaster, i used to ABC News Breakfast, but iti recent times it has become way too fundamentalized and way to bias in their reporting to even consider taking their Breakfast show seriously.
[/quote]Source?

1 Like

His own opinion

Granted, but what exactly is “fundamentalised” and “bias” (sic) in the programme?

1 Like