Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Why the watermarks? There must be a dozen views that other networks are using.

1 Like

Overkill. Saying the same info over and over, nothing new to report. Insert of live pictures over other interviews is not necessary… it’s a burning building.

2 Likes

Is this the first time you’ve ever watched the breakfast shows? That’s what they do.

1 Like

Let’s be realistic Steve this happens with special coverage on all networks…

This is what Karl and Lisa excelled at

This is the official Today Show Theme
6 Likes

While the current theme is OK and I obviously appreciate a link to it being posted, I’d probably have a stronger desire to hear some of the older themes for Today (and other Nine News/Current Affairs programs) in the clear…

4 Likes

Yep. It’s a shame that the production costs would outweigh the benefits, because like you mentioned, it would be great if it was actually feasible.

1 Like

I don’t like that theme music. I actually prefer some of the production music they use when they cross to the news or their “sad” theme. Even the previous one was better- I find the current one very ACA-style.

1 Like

I couldn’t find the 2012-2015 theme. Only the 2016-Now theme

1 Like

Always thought this would make a good theme, although perhaps more for Sunrise (particularly from the 0:55 mark)

1 Like

And on this forum.

Sorry, this was a reply to JBar but I cannot edit.

1 Like

Didn’t say it doesn’t, but in this particular case, it was a fire. Until they are able to gain access inside there is not going to be any new info. Interviewing a passerby and asking how they feel is just stupid.
And I can only comment on Today’scoverage because that’s what I was watching.

1 Like

I reckon a slightly lighter version of Nine News’ theme music would be pretty close to my ideal theme for Today. Something which sounds just right for the time of day, yet still re-enforces the point that we’re watching a news-based breakfast program on Channel Nine.

Also slightly off topic, but are you a Lee who is currently or has previously been on TV? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Worked in but never been on TV

2 Likes

Where can I find the 2012-2015 theme for the Today Show

2 Likes

… I should add an interesting comment from my 76 yo father watching yesterday…
“Oh I wouldn’t be surprised if they send one of the hosts over there to stand in front of it and report.”

2 Likes

Because he knows it too well.

1 Like

Sunrise did the same thing (it is questionable whether they had it planned or made a knee-jerk reaction yesterday after Today started 30 mins before them with special coverage).

And, as a result, both shows were up considerably. Today recorded its best numbers all year:

3 Likes

Today Perth Promo

5 Likes