Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Maybe he has been offered a role on 10 Early/Morning News as Sports Presenter?? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Doubt it. He’s just saying that’s the sort of time he wakes up in the morning. 8.30am rather than 5am.

1 Like

ie offer me more money.

3 Likes

Brenton’s presenting style is interesting. His “newsreader voice” quickly disappears when talking about something personal or relatable.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who gets really pissed off with his “newsreader voice”. Every presenter in the country seems to get theirs right (whether or not its good is another story) but his has always just sounded so fake.

3 Likes

Yep. Tuned in for a couple of minutes this morning, listened, felt sorry for Adelaide viewers who’ve suffered through his awful delivery for years, then turned back to News Breakfast.

2 Likes

Bretonton was great. Much better than Tom. Sad he wasn’t offered.

1 Like

Haven’t heard of this guy before :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

He made it clear he wasn’t interested.

Thought he said on Adelaide radio that he wasn’t offered?

“I expressed my thoughts about the whole thing but there was no formal offer. There’s never actually been any formal offer,” he explained.

we were quite comfortable if they came back and said thanks but no thanks… which they did“

Sounds to me like he was open to it had he been offered.

1 Like

Don’t agree at all.

His comments indicate quite clearly that he didn’t want the job and was grateful not to have to turn it down. Nine respected his desire to stay in Adelaide and in a relatively low-profile role so didn’t waste their time drawing up contracts and making a “formal” offer but that doesn’t mean they didn’t ask “do you want the job”.

He says the came back to him and said thanks but no thanks - and he was happy enough with that.

Tom is back this morning.

2 Likes

Today ratings for yesterday…Wow!

What were the ratings?

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/monday-18-february-2019/8067/10?u=syd_tvchannel

Yikes!

3 Likes

It goes to show that viewers don’t handle big changes well. If Karl had to go so be it, but they should’ve kept Sylvia, Tim and Richard there at least for the mid-term to make that transition easier.

There’s too much change happening all at once, and it’s too female-skewing at the moment (an audience that Sunrise already has tied up). Shane Crawford would be a welcome addition and can’t come soon enough.

1 Like

That was my thought exactly. They made too many changes at once, which is what Sunrise did in 2016 and suffered.

1 Like

But I think the changes at Sunrise were not on a higher scale compared to what TODAY has done. Sunrise changed the format (primarily responsible for their ratings decrease) and made a new role for Eddy.

But Today (a show already suffering from scandal) just wiped out the whole team like an unexpected atomic bomb with bitter/ non-existant farewells to some team members portraying a disarrayed family.