Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I’ve never understood what value they see in Karl. Lisa was the key to any success the show has had in recent years. The show was failing when he was paired with Tracey, Sarah Murdoch and Jessica Rowe. Hugh Marks is an idiot. I hope the resulting dive in ratings and revenue and the headaches that will result in finding someone to balance out Karl’s blokey stupidity is worth letting Lisa walk.

6 Likes

He sort of got thrown in the deep end when Gyngell stepped down.

Looks a bit lost as a TV CEO if you ask me.

Also I do agree, that it’s a strong possibility Nine will poach someone from Seven or Ten, that’s a vast array of possibilities.

It will come down to whose contracts are expiring/who wants to exit, etc?

Kylie Gillies? Monique Wright? Sarah Harris? Chris Bath? Mel Doyle? Sarah Cumming? Sally Obermeder?

I can’t disagree with this. Karl Stefanovic is (more or less) the Samantha Armytage of the Nine Network.

I’d be willing to predict that the new female co-presenter of Today will not be any of those names you mentioned.

1 Like

It probably won’t happen. If it did, Ben Fordham would most likely succeed Stefanovic, which would be dystopia for breakfast TV.

1 Like

Perhaps Carrie (upon being told about the news), said “I’m still hosting or I’m out”?

Surely Ten would’ve otherwise put Lisa as the main host next to Waleed straight away?

That’s worded wildly, but do you know what I mean?

I’d expect Ten to announce other new news shows from next year, with Lisa front and centre?

You really should read the comments made by others in these threads and you wouldn’t need to ask all these questions? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They wouldn’t want to replace Carrie with Lisa anyway.

Lisa is still contracted to Nine and will not be able to work at Ten until January 2018 but they don’t want to replace Carrie.

Ten alluded to that in the statement and there have been about 50 million comments about that already. So far we hear that Lisa will host The Sunday Project, will make two other appearances weekdays on The Project and do interviews.

Not really but we’re used to that from you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Damnnnnn, Luke got J Barred.

6 Likes

The backlash from Nine begins as they try to fix their publicity disaster. They are suggesting that Lisa’s pay demands would have cut 10 jobs at Nine. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Among the rumour mill in overdrive & countless articles being published, this sheds more light on Carrie Bickmore:

So which ten people lost their jobs when Karl’s salary doubled a couple of years ago?

5 Likes
3 Likes

So from that story, the main points made by The Project producer are:

• Lisa will be hosting our new Sunday edition of the show and

• joining the program during the week to share her expertise and insights with Carrie, Waleed and Pete.

• Carrie is contracted to host the show four days a week and that role won’t change.

• Lisa is also due to host two other shows for Ten. While the network is yet to publicly announce what those programs will be, it is understood they’ll involve high-profile interviews.

7 Likes

Well, Erin Molan is out of the running as new Today host.

“The Footy Show” has been axed and Erin will be hosting a new show on Thursday nights.

When was she even mentioned?

1 Like

She may have been in the running if Today wanted to lose every viewer in states that aren’t NSW and QLD.

1 Like

And the vast majority of viewers in NSW and QLD as well.

For full effect why not replace Karl with Neil Breen at the same time. If they want to run the show into the ground then they might as well do it properly.

2 Likes

Right here, mate.

Again. You should read the comments in the thread before commenting. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

11 Likes

“Lisa Wilkinson joins the WIN Network” - WIN News update :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

But none of it was enough for Wilkinson, who was demanding “parity” with her co-host Karl Stefanovic, who was widely reported to have signed a $2 million per annum, three-year deal, with Nine - a deal negotiated when he was about to jump ship to rival Channel Seven and anchor the 6pm Sydney news.

Interesting read from the Sydney Morning Herald, this is biggest load of crap I have read. If Seven News Sydney was to put Karl as anchor, ratings would be worse than Mark…

4 Likes