Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Might be time to wipe the whole cast and start again. Would not lose anything of value tbh.

5 Likes

I would love GG to come back on the show! :grinning:

2 Likes

Bathie with Deb on news could be interesting with Sylvia taking over the weekend hosting position.

Only thing Iā€™m not sure about is the Bathie-Karl dynamic but really they should be looking beyond Karl and using the new female host as a tentpole to rebuild the team around.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not a celebrity and yet I manage to have a cool hairstyle. :wink:

He thinks heā€™s being cool by keeping the same hairstyle he had when he was a 15 year old but instead he looks like his mum. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I suppose heā€™s on radio so we donā€™t have to look at it. Just as long as they keep him off The Sunday Project so we donā€™t see it again. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They better use the opportunity to finally get rid of Wilkins and bring in a sports presenter that doesnā€™t scream NRL.

1 Like

What should he scream?

Knowing channel nine they would probably put Beau Ryan on sports.

1 Like

Can I suggest somebody outside the box?

Karen ā€˜Kazā€™ Ledbury, who has been on The Morning Show since 2008?

No?

We do not want another Eddie McGuire period of mass sackings.

As much as your point is rather valid.

Beau Ryan is out of a job, remember. Donā€™t give them ideas!!!

1 Like

Chris Bath and Joe Oā€™Brien. Iā€™d watch that in the morning!

Never heard of her before.

1 Like

Iā€™d be surprised if you hadnā€™t

The way the rumours and speculation is going, your mother has a better chance than Oprah or Ellen!

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Edwina Bartholomew is the new co-host or Natalie Barr?

1 Like

Friday (20.10.17): Deb Knight is still co-hosting with Karl. Aislin Kriukelis is reading the news this morning.

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure Sally Obermeder could be poached. Sheā€™s wasted over at 7 at the moment, if you ask me.

On a related note, I find it very interesting that there have been dozens of names thrown around as a potential replacement - however, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many suggestions for Karlā€™s successor.

2 Likes

I donā€™t see her as a talent others necessarily want.

1 Like

Pete obviously.

1 Like

It goes onā€¦

Itā€™s time for one

Who do you think will be the new Today co-host? :thinking:

If thereā€™s a person not included (due to the max of 20 names), post their name below.

• Sylvia Jeffreys
  • Georgie Gardner
  • Chris Bath
  • Rebecca Maddern
  • Deborah Knight
  • Carrie Bickmore
  • Samantha Armytage
  • Melissa Doyle
  • Natalie Barr
  • Monique Wright
  • Sally Obermeder
  • Sarah Cumming
  • Sarah Harris
  • Julie Snook
  • Jayne Azzopardi
  • Amber Sherlock
  • Davina Smith
  • Amelia Adams
  • Natalia Cooper

0 voters

Other names I wanted to include:

ā€¢Alicia Loxley
ā€¢Jo Hall
ā€¢Jennifer Keyte
ā€¢Liz Hayes
ā€¢Ita Buttrose
ā€¢Sally Bowrey
ā€¢Hermione Kitson
ā€¢Jodie Speers
ā€¢Keira from The Bachelor
ā€¢Fleurina from The Bachelor
ā€¢Monique Wright
ā€¢Naomi Robson
ā€¢Helen Kapalos
ā€¢The Cash Cow
ā€¢Oprah Winfrey
ā€¢Ellen DeGeneres
ā€¢Melania Trump

The reason I didnā€™t include the following, was because they were tried, tested & failed (sadly):

ā€¢Kathryn Robinson
ā€¢Natarsha Belling
ā€¢Jessica Rowe

6 Likes

Itā€™s tricky. I voted for Bathie because I think she would be at the top of Nineā€™s list but Iā€™m not sure she would go for it.

If not Bathie then Georgie or Deb.

1 Like

Chris Bath and Melissa Doyle have already done breakfast TV and arenā€™t likely to go back to it. Georgie Gardner and Deborah Knight are needed on Nine News Sydney much more than Today. Sarah Harris probably wouldnā€™t go back to Nine now that sheā€™s the face of Studio 10 and about to go on maternity leave.

As much as presenters like Jayne Azzopardi and Sophie Walsh are great young talent, theyā€™re relatively unknown outside of Sydney (and Queensland, in the case of Sophie). And thankfully, I think the likes of Amber Sherlock and Belinda Russell have no hope of being promoted to such a major presenting position.

With all of that in mindā€¦even though Iā€™d personally prefer one of those other presenters to be chosen, I reckon Sylvia Jefferies is going to be Karlā€™s sidekick on Today in 2018.

2 Likes