Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Still not sure why they didn’t move Steve Jacobs over to WT, he’d be good with Mel.

3 Likes

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This morning:

11 Likes

Looks like the soft set/sofa is already gone and that side of the set is covered up.

4 Likes

Either that or its because of the Static Footy Players Panels they have now instead of the screens on the Soft Set.

As a total guess if they remove the NRL panels so the Soft Set is visible for Today, they would have to turn the screens/lighting on (if the screens still exist) for somewhere they probably aren’t going to use throughout the show at all.

I could be completely wrong but just my thoughts :).

2 Likes

That desk image on the front is now way too bright!

2 Likes

The screen on the desk looks terrible on screen.
It’s the same on Sports Sunday.
Would honestly prefer the old desk (or even the one they use in Studio 23, bit hard with Today Extra afterwards).

4 Likes

How does that pass being on rival breakfast shows. Interesting!!

The screen on that desk is also breaking.

Despite the desk, I much prefer this set for Today Show. Doesn’t suit Nine News at all though.

2 Likes

What an interesting dynamic that relationship must be - working on rival shows competing in the smae slot and then rekindling off camera afterwards!

4 Likes

The same can be said with Chris Reason and Kathryn Robinson who work at rival networks.

4 Likes

…or even Ben Fordham & Jodie Speers!

5 Likes

None of whom are in the exact slot against a direct and very similar rival show.

2 Likes

It’s just work. Like if one partner worked at Sorbent and the other at Quilton.

3 Likes

Another one - Joel Dry (Seven) and Jess Millward (Nine). Sometimes when Joel is on Sunrise deputizing for Bianca Stone, he and Millward can sometimes end up covering the same story for their respective breakfast shows.

3 Likes

Did someone hit the right part of the screen on the desk during the ad-break or something leaving a mark on there because it looks horrible.

4 Likes

Wednesday 2 September-

Tim was back presenting weather this morning.

6 Likes
7 Likes

We’re retiring this super thread and moving the discussion to here . Speak over there