Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Even if it isn’t true, which it probably isn’t I don’t think Karl is in that big of a bargaining position at Nine anymore. He needed the today show as much as it needed him.

Breakfast Television’s Biggest Giveaway Ever! Today Show Viewer to Win a House

Owning a beautiful new home on a great-sized block of land – and being mortgage free – is the ultimate Aussie dream. TODAY is set to make that dream a reality for one viewer, with hosts Karl Stefanovic and Ally Langdon giving away a stunning new-build house and land package.

Open only for first homebuyers, viewers will see a designer three-bedroom, two-bathroom single storey home constructed by Simonds Homes captured on our cameras during the course of the 11-week competition. Built on a 350 square-metre block provided by land developer Satterley, the house will be located in the state-of-the-art new estate of Satterley Botanical community in Mickleham, 45 minutes north of Melbourne city.

Every week for 10 weeks, we’ll choose a finalist and announce them on the show. At the end, 10 finalists and a companion each will be flown to Melbourne where TODAY will be live from the then-completed home. One person will randomly win the home, while the remaining nine will take $5000.

With home ownership now becoming out of reach for many Australians, TODAY hosts Karl and Ally are excited that they are helping someone live the ultimate dream.

Karl Stefanovic said: “I’ve been associated with the TODAY Show for many, many years and we have never had a giveaway of this magnitude. One lucky viewer is going to travel to Melbourne and will walk away with the great Australian dream; a house and land package, and a new lifestyle. It’s unbelievable. With one turn of a key, someone’s life is going to change forever.”

Ally Langdon said: “What an absolutely life changing moment this will be for one lucky viewer and their family. We’re a nation obsessed with talking about property, but the reality of buying your own slice of heaven – and then actually being mortgage free – is become harder and harder for Australians. I’m so excited about this giveaway. What a great way to start 2020! Imagine what life would be like with a dream home and no mortgage? How’s the serenity!”

Mickleham is one of Australia’s fastest growing suburbs less than 30 km from Melbourne’s city centre. Satterley’s Botanical community features 2400 lots nestled amongst over 30 hectares of planned open spaces, a planned shopping centre, sports oval and park.

To enter, viewers need to send in a 30 second video about why they deserve to win to: todayshow.com.au or enter in-person at Simonds display homes.

1 Like

Tracy and Alex co-hosting from 9:15am as Karl and Ally had other commitments (radio interviews, etc)

3 Likes

Well, that’s stupid. You’d think that the show would be their top commitment, not promotions for their show.

4 Likes

I guess it gives a chance for the audience to familiarise themselves with the new additions to the team. Besides, it’s only 45 minutes - not an entire show. Idk, I guess there’s positives and negatives in this situation.

5 Likes

Some more caps from yesterdays show

7 Likes

The Australian Open didn’t bring any ratings joy for Today. The program rated lower than day one on 14 Jan last year. Poor result in Sydney. Still some work to do!

More:

4 Likes

The curse of the OB again? Ratings seem to always drop for OBs.

2 Likes

What’s wrong with the OB’s? I just don’t get it

1 Like

People just don’t care about it as much as before.

It seems like viewers prefer the familiarity of the studio. Maybe the OBs give the idea that they are on holidays and not really working to deliver news.

1 Like

It just seems inappropriate and odd when they are covering news or interviewing the PM, to be honest. If something breaks whilst they are on OBs, they will really come unstuck, as was the case last year when the PM called the election early.

Not to mention the distractions and delays for live-Xs. Best to stay in studio and let the weather presenter do the roving.

2 Likes

Or the Sports presenter or maybe both of them.

That would certainly be enough for any Tennis related interviews.

1 Like

The only breakfast OB that works, I reckon, is the Sunrise Anzac Day broadcast from Currumbin.
And of course Commonwealth/Olympic Games.

2 Likes

And one of them is this
3AW with Neil Mitchell

https://omny.fm/shows/mornings-with-neil-mitchell/full-interview-ally-langdon-crashes-karl-stefanovi

3 Likes

Ally also did an interview with DeeDee on Afternoons as well. Was a really nice interview.

2 Likes

Great interview, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Aly at around 1 minute mark:
“If I’m not nice to him, what will he say about me in the Uber”
:rofl::rofl:
11 Likes

Is Karl & Ally MIA again? I reckon their doing their radio interviews for Sydney listeners.
T-VO & Alex took over hosting duties around 9:21am

1 Like

TVo and Alex proving they are more than capable being the main fill ins for Ally and Karl.

5 Likes