Tipping Point

Good to see 9 are up to date. :grimacing: Christmas special from 2018! :laughing:

4 Likes

Haha. She’s good.
I’ve never watched the quiz part to see how easy the questions and how dumb the contestants are. :rofl:
I’ve only seen the incredibly frustrating part with the circles falling down the machine.

1 Like

I watch the Australian version every morning on catchup and I find it unfair that the contestants who don’t make it through to the jackpot round lose the money they earnt. They should be able to walk away with what they earnt. It’s also pretty stupid that Todd plays jackpot temptation when the jackpot counter is on the top shelf.

Award for “best use of a thesaurus in a single promo” goes to

8 Likes

I wonder if Nine might consider testing a primetime slot for Tipping Point, or even a few celebrity specials (which would be subtitled Lucky Stars, as is the case in the UK), in the second half of this year, but it would need to be after either the Olympics or Paralympics.

So they spoiled the episode for viewers then in the promo, a common trait is seems in Aussie promos that nullifies pretty much every word in that promo by taking away the surprise.

Tipping Point had its highest metro and national audience of the year on Monday including pulling well ahead in Brisbane.

5 Likes

Woodbridge does a good job with this show apart from his annoying habit of asking the winner to give their money away to children, grandchildren and friends. Would love for one of them to come back and ask if he did the same his prizemoney on the circuit. (Spoiler: he didn’t or maybe he did and that is why he ended up on a network game show.)

Tipping Point recorded its highest national TV audience of the year so far on Wednesday. The result was a 55% increase in the timeslot compared to the equivalent day last year.

The impact on the 6pm timeslot continued especially in metro area where Nine News won again for an unprecedented 3rd time this week including another massive Melbourne audience.

7 Likes

Tipping Point did it again with a record Thursday audience yesterday up 54% on the ratings in the timeslot of equivalent Thursday last year. Nine News that followed was up 42%.

5 Likes

New record by Tipping Point in national audience plus in the 5-city metro where it topped 500k for the first time for an afternoon game show this year. That is higher than Hot Seat managed for any day for just the 5:30 pm segment of the show last year. On the equivalent day in 2023 Hot Seat had 353,000 while The Chase had 480k across the full hour.

7 Likes

Todd couldn’t contain himself tonight

“We’re going to light up Uranus”

:grin:

3 Likes

That was hilarious

1 Like

Four months into the series, and it’s doing wonders for Nine. To be honest, i didn’t have high hopes for this when it first started. Thought it would be cheesy. Shows i was wrong. And kudos to Nine.

8 Likes

Thursday and Friday next week feature repeat episodes except Perth has will see the Wednesday episode on Friday (pre-empted due to SOO). The Chase also has repeats. DOND has a repeat on Friday.

5 Likes

So what do we think will happen after the Olympics since no new episodes are filming? Run on repeats?

2 Likes

I guess it depends what Seven does with The Chase. If they keep screening new episodes and that results in viewers turning back to Seven, Nine might need to go back into production.

1 Like

Brenton Speed casually mentioned this during the tennis coverage last night.

Yes I know I keep saying this, but they could raise the jackpot to (say) $100,000 for these specials, if Nine decide to commission them.

Do imagine a Jackpot Temptation round though where Todd raise the value of the jackpot counter to $250,000, and if it drops in conjunction with two double counters, a celebrity could win $1 MILLION for their charity.

On the British version, there are no double counters on its celebrity counterpart.

4 Likes

A special Olympic episode is coming soon according to Nine during the State of Origin.

4 Likes

IN A FIRST FOR TIPPING POINT AUSTRALIA

WEEKNIGHTS AT 5.00PM ON CHANNEL 9 AND 9NOW

419x279

Viewers will be treated to a thrilling episode of Tipping Point Australia next Monday, June 10, at 5.00pm on Channel 9 and 9Now.

This episode will showcase the game’s first ever three-way tie break as well as a series of other Tipping Point firsts that will leave viewers on the edge of their seats.

Playing head to head are 42-year-old technology manager from Victoria, Elizabeth Mulhall, 72-year-old retiree Domenic Zizza from Queensland, and 23-year-old media student from Victoria, Errol Hayden.

In one of the closest rounds in Tipping Point history, two of the contestants will battle it out, with one making it to the jackpot round.

One contestant will then play a perfect game leading to a temptation offer from Todd that will leave them questioning whether to take the risk or play it safe.

And with the x2 counter so close to the edge, will the contestant be tempted to take the challenge and make Tipping Point history?

Join host and tennis legend Todd Woodbridge on Monday for an unmissable episode of Tipping Point Australia.

7 Likes