Tipping Point

What did I say a few weeks ago? Nine will announce this… expect bigger ratings from next week

Todd probably hasn’t had his annual holiday yet has he? Working through the period most media types have theirs (summer), on Nine’s summer of tennis including pre production. Add to that TP filming and things like Postcards and Today etc. And with the French Open and Wimbledon upcoming. Maybe this was designed to give him a break soon, around Easter before network WWOS commitments resume. Plus Olympics too.

1 Like

Yesterday saw The Chase with its lowest metro audience of the survey averaging below 300k for the first time.

3 Likes

Not surprised, Chase was definitely a repeat, didn’t realise at first but when the female contestant correctly answered Jennifer Flaven’s husband was Sly Stallone in the 1990s I remembered watching that final chase last year (such a left-of-field question and unbelievably correct answer you’d remember it).

2 Likes

Chase repeats continue on Thu/Fri and again next week. Could they possibly not have enough in the can due to Larry’s schedule? Surely not. Instinct says they are trying to save on costs but it just isn’t working (especially yesterday), and bound to get worse once Tipping Point in Perth hits 5pm. Todd has really grown on us in our household

3 Likes

Tipping Point did very well in Perth yesterday on a season high at its new time and gave the news a big boost :+1:

7 Likes

He posted to IG, now on holidays…

2 Likes

Enjoying this show very much, though this week noticed some potential flaws:

• The last three days the contestants have missed four of their five questions in the final round, which really hurts the game as they clearly can’t get the jackpot counter to move anywhere

• this forces Jackpot Temptation (which is a great idea), though in two cases the prize money was over 5k (ie. over a quarter of the “jackpot”) so of course the contestants weren’t going to gamble as that’s a decent day out. It’s also quite clear from the time remaining in the episode (news headlines etc) that they weren’t going to gamble

• the exception was tonight where the player did gamble as their cash pot was low, but bizarrely Todd went to the news headlines with only one counter left and the jackpot counter still on top row - pretty much zero suspense. I guess he was left with no other option

I do wonder if this can get predictable rather quickly, but for now I’m still enjoying. Thank goodness Grant isn’t hosting this

6 Likes

Yep is it very predictable at the end due to news headlines.

1 Like

I find this with The Chase too, if the final chase starts at 5:56pm, you know it’s a breeze and no push backs, as opposed to starting around 5:50pm.

4 Likes

Haven’t seen it mentioned here but TPA will air on TVNZ2 in New Zealand from next week.

They’re showing a block of episodes on the ad-free Easter Sunday 12:50-4:15pm, before it settles into a daily shot at 11:45 and 4:05pm (not sure which would be first run).

7 Likes

What time did Hot Seat air in NZ?

1 Like

It ended up moving around the schedule a lot. Was at 5pm for a bit then moved earlier and earlier. As well as changing channels.

Should add, the UK version of TP airs 10am and 3pm weekdays over on TVNZ1.

5 Likes

Looks like Nine replaying the unofficial first ep this afternoon for Good Friday (from Christmas Eve before Carols last December)

2 Likes

In AFL cities only? As it’s not airing in Sydney and Brisbane due to the Good Friday NRL Match airing.

Would this be the first repeat of Tipping Point to air?

4 Likes

The unofficial first episode will be shown in Brisbane today. Due to daylight savings, the NRL telecast finishes at 5pm local time.

6 Likes

And there’s just a 30 minute episode on the Gold Coast.
Going to be interesting to see how it is played out.

I know once or twice Nine have shown a 30 minute episode of the UK version (due to the tennis I think), and they have crashed into the episode halfway through, at the start of round 3.

Reckon that might be how a half hour episode will be formatted. Think this will occur during the Melbourne Cup carnival. It used to happen with The Chase when the Cup was on 7.

7 Likes

Gold Coast started at the Jackpot Round.

6 Likes

Yeah it was actually Queensland I was looking at (Sunshine Coast) via Foxtel Guide, as all other markets have missing m/c and in the case of metro there’s no FTA at all anymore.

They’d have a purposefully made edition with contestants dressed in formal clothing and AOK acknowledging Melbourne Cup day.

Can’t recall the OG Deal or No Deal though or whether it even aired on this day.

2 Likes

Plus several Melbourne Cup/horse racing related questions.

Deal or No Deal I’m pretty sure aired as normal on Cup Day. Don’t think (at least in its later years) there were any Melbourne Cup references though. It was just a regular episode. It was the same case as Million Dollar Minute in 2013 & 14.

2 Likes