Ticker News

it does appear they’ve cut back on programs - compare this to now:

before:

after:

in fact the live program schedule page seems to be gone

2 Likes

What is the point of Ticker now then? Surely any other service would provide more coverage and in depth reporting?

2 Likes

What was ever the point of it?

Does anyone actually know about it let alone what it is?

4 Likes

Looks like they’re trying to be more international focused. Not necessarily a bad idea.

3 Likes

I must say I do love their website. Very sleek and modern.

i do agree with this. their website does look very slick and clean. only thing reliable from them

1 Like

couldnt tell ya, they change their concept like every 2 months. ‘fastest growing media company’ according to the CFO’s LinkedIn…yet they have barely any staff now and nobody watches their programming. someone explain

1 Like

They have an article up on the bus crash in NSW.

Not only are all the images screen grabs from ABC News (surely for a story like this you would pony up the cash and buy a few pics from AAP, cost would be minimal), but the map they have used in the story to show where it happened, I could be wrong, but it looks like a direct screenshot from the 9News website of an early map they had up. Graphics exactly the same. The file name is even screenshot!

You’re telling me they can’t make a map but they are the fastest growing media company in Australia?

Also their focus is video. Why do they not just have a big live autoplay video player on the front page of what is playing? You have to click through to another page.

2 Likes

They used to, dunno why they got rid of it

The ‘watch live page’ actually has two, slightly out-of-synch live autoplayers which is even weirder

3 Likes

On closer inspection it seems they’ve dumped their top-of-the-hour bulletins (or at least the ones presented from Australia) in favour of just a couple of interviews then an encore of a doco or one of the sponsored shows or something

5 Likes

I think we can anticipate that the end is nigh.

2 Likes

some sleek new(?) graphics but does appear they’ve dumped both news bulletins and breaking news in favour of interview segments

the actual ticker is also just headlines from the website

1 Like

They should just make the headline the future of Ticker news. lol

do they have a schedule for their two new Today shows or is it just at random? There’s no time to tune in.

1 Like

Looks like a massive studio downgrade, jut a poorly lit wallpaper.

1 Like

Actually looks fine on air - that’s just a bad shot.

“TICKER NEWS is the world’s first FAST news network, streaming 24/7, featuring balanced news programs and original documentaries on world news, politics and business – Cutting through the spin.”

Looks like they’re going all in on the FAST format.

1 Like

But isn’t fast meant to be those fake channels on Fetch that show random episodes but aren’t actually running?

1 Like

Makes no sense if they’re expanding across different platforms. You’d think they’d be able to spend the funds on hiring more staff not culling them nearly completely.

It shows that these streamers are either giving it next to nothing to be on their channel selection or Ticker is paying them for carriage.

1 Like

just tuned in and they are re-playing the same episode of ‘in america today’ that i watched the other day. should the be called in america this week? confused how many days

1 Like