Ticker News

This seems fairly new?

Double header with Ahron Young and Holly Stearnes (who has come a long way) in the morning, and just noticed the lower thirds have been updated which look much better.

1 Like

looks like they’re cropping footage from other outlets

4 Likes

‘Department of Defense’ followed by news readers sitting in front of a Melbourne skyline.

Have they pivoted back to Australian news or are they still going after the tech bro Elon Musk, Bitcoin acolytes in the US?

Have they broken a single story or do they still just take other people’s footage and reporting and redo it with their own logo?

3 Likes

I just watched the hourly news update and it was all American based headlines. A minute of explaining the headline then another minute of the video from a press conference saying the exact same thing.

2 Likes

Ticker should take a look at newsy. The on air talent have chemistry and the story’s just flow.

2 Likes

Yeah but as time goes on, Ticker’s business model becomes more apparent and reporting news doesn’t seem to be the core of it, unlike Newsy, Cheddar and other similar organisations.

Sky Racing leases their facilities to corporate customers so they can produce video segments and live streams, but their main business is racing and wagering.

Optus has a studio for hire for businesses to use as well, but their main business is being a telco and media platform.

Ticker has studios for hire and that is their main business. That’s it.

4 Likes

This is the same media outlet which kept playing it’s “paid programming” as the Election was called as well as while Australia was electing a new Prime Minister because it happened on a weekend.

I’d say news reporting is definately not a core function as it apparently doesn’t draw an income.

News seems filler while fluffy “paid programming” on some new tech business is key.

2 Likes

It wasn’t that long ago that if you wanted to do something live to many locations Sky was one (if not the only) option

4 Likes

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSRUTwrD3/
Live on TikTok - with 70 viewers

Is a link to Tiktok the 2022 equivalent to a Rick Roll? Over by the time I saw the link.

From one of their presenters:

Such a privilege to present TICKER NEWS rolling coverage whilst London was asleep, informing 157 million homes streaming into our reports from across the globe.

1 Like

I just don’t think this is true.

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

157 …. Million?

Oookkaaayyyy.

7 Likes

I’d love to one day even meet one person who knows about Ticker, let alone watches it.

10 Likes

Was Ticker News even live this weekend?

2 Likes

Are they just counting every single Apple TV and other similar devices that could access the service?

That’s like saying your iPhone app has 1.7B customers just because you’re on the App Store.

5 Likes

I’ve been watching for 30 minutes.

Given it is an international news service I thought I may see something on the coffin of the Queen being moved right now. Not a thing but plenty of file stories on the Queen.

Hard to know why they bother covering these kind of stories. They should try exploit niche areas rather than dabbling with these mainstream stories.

They might be in the homes of 157 million but is anyone actually going to choose this over BBC, Sky News for royal coverage.

Would a aviation website Focus on the queen death so much? They might write some articles that relate to their beat but not endless coverage. So why does Ticker cover it? What relation does it have to their target market what is apparently people who like Apple.

5 Likes

If they were totally serious about being an international news channel, they’d be covering world events live but I think it’s not a priority because they can’t monetise it.

Also the fact if something happens on a weekend it gets missed completely.

Needs a rethink their business model and work out what they want to be? A place for international news or an “infomercial” channel?

3 Likes

One would think the latter isn’t sustainable. Imagine someone discovers it, thinks it’s a news channel, then over a couple of days realises it’s just ads and never returns.

3 Likes