Ticker News

That’s what amazes me… who’s watching? I can’t see many domestically or internationally watching this.

1 Like

That promo makes absolutely no sense, advertising a podcast on a TV set playing moments in history from before ticker existed?

1 Like

Yeah I didn’t think it was that great either.

1 Like

And the promo showed all of those news events being delivered to people via TV, not a podcast.

When big news like Kennedy, 9/11 etc is breaking, you won’t be hearing it via a podcast.

1 Like

It is fascinating how such a project is funded. They’ve made no secret it’s targetted towards business markets more, but given how news channels are often considered even by big organisations to be throwing money away if they’ve found a model that works and funds itself, requiring relatively low viewership and interaction, then fair play. It clearly must be working as it’s clearly not a vanity project (or political project) of a bigger organisation who treat it as a loss leader.

1 Like
6 Likes

That’s interesting. Wonder if they’ll start doing weekend news bulletins now?

Can’t see Flash too happy if it encroaches onto Sky News turf though.

1 Like

Would love to see a tour of their studio

2 Likes

Good to see ticker get on to Flash. I might not be a huge fan but good on them. Fetch TV would be a good one to see take it on.

1 Like

As long as Ticker stays away from RWNJ commentators then Sky has nothing to worry about :wink:

1 Like

Ticker presenter Adrian Franklin - who’s been there since mid-2020 IIRC - has moved to Channel 10 as a sports reporter

7 Likes

‘In front of a real audience’….interesting.

7 Likes

Massive insinuation there if there ever was one.

7 Likes

Could be a couple of things. Maybe he’s inferring that they inflate their audience numbers or it could just be a dig at their low audience numbers.

4 Likes

From that… it does come across that he’s happy to be moving on. Good luck to him… great talent.

4 Likes

I took it as his Nan consider 10 as a FTA television channel as a ‘real audience’.

2 Likes

Possibly. I think it’s pretty clear what he meant though.

3 Likes

He can’t be referring to audience numbers. The difference between viewers on Ten and Ticker surely is negligible.

3 Likes

I think he’s referring to being on “real TV” rather than streaming.

1 Like

Decided to download Ticker onto my Telstra TV box.

Don’t get the idea of putting world news on a 15 minute rotation with a presenter who’s very stilted and no warmth at all when reading (a quick google search tells me it’s Omer Kablan as he doesn’t say his name or no on-air graphic).

There’s enough content from AP, Reuters, BBC and other international partner sources to have at least a proper hour of world news, international sports and a look at world weather.

Maybe the other shows are better.

4 Likes