Ticker News

I just want a TV guide for the livestream so I know when stuff is on. Can’t work out why one doesn’t exist. They don’t even advertise times in promos from what I can see. I get that their business model may not be entirely based around linear, but if they’re going to have a live channel they really need to accompany it with a guide.

11 Likes
3 Likes

Anything happening on weekends…?

3 Likes

They missed when the Election was called because it happened on a Sunday. Don’t know how this channel can be taken seriously if it misses the big stories because they fall on a Saturday or Sunday.

2 Likes

Agree. They need to be live on weekends… at least a few hours a day.

3 Likes

A promo about “Trust “ with a voice actor pretending to be Morgan Freeman.

I find it difficult to comprehend how this is remotely viable.

1 Like

Must be somehow… it’s been going for over 3 years now. I must admit, I haven’t watched it in over 6 months.

1 Like

Twitter & YouTube views have not increased in Tickers 3 years.

1 Like

That’s what I mean. I’m a lurker here and haven’t really checked in with ticker for 2 years and was assuming they must’ve died but here they are still going with a fairly high budget in the general scheme of things with no viewers.

It’s really hard to see where the money is coming from

1 Like

They’re probably like SEN - sponsors pay for everything so views are not a big deal

2 Likes

But why would a sponsor pay to advertise on something that nobody watches

1 Like

I’ll have to take another look at the channel… last time I watched they were trying to add more news into the day, but it really isn’t a channel you would tune into to for the latest news in this country.

3 Likes

The inconsistent sound which has always been an issue is still a thing in the new studio. But it’s not to bad to have streaming in an office or foyer area.

2 Likes

And now available as a podcast

2 Likes

The real question is how many return? A savvy sales person can promise the world and get a one time sale. Which could be a 3 month deal worth $50K or something. If it doesn’t give a good return they won’t come back and sales staff will chase down someone new.

1 Like

Good point. They’ve recently hired someone from TRT World and I noticed Jackson Williams (ex Sky News) was only there for 8 months in 2011.

Who knows what is going on.

1 Like

I watched a bit of the channel today… before the live stream went down just after 1.00?

They seem to have moved away from domestic news and are more focused on international tech/business and politics news.

But it is interesting to know how this channel is generating an income / profit as there is barely any advertisement on screen, instead we see endless cityscapes from around the world between shows.

The small set still looks impressive for what it is.

1 Like

I don’t think they’ve ever had outright advertising. They’ve claimed the model is to have integrated advertorial type content.

1 Like

From what I can tell, every second program is an integrated advertorial. Sometimes a few in a row. A company would no doubt pay to be the sponsor of a program or even pitch a program idea, Ticker produces it placing segments where the host or interviewee can promote the company or product in some way or another. The only way you can tell is the sponsor’s logo usually stays on screen throughout the whole program. I think that’s the model in a nutshell. No commercials, just paid content dressed as news.

It’s no wonder they focus more on tech and business because those are the types of companies sponsoring the channel. The challenge would be convincing these companies that their money is giving them a return. Looking at those numbers on YouTube and socials, I wouldn’t think so.

4 Likes