Ticker News

That is a rather antiquated view of what is defined as television. Thought MediaSpy was more tech savvy than that.

3 Likes

Interesting wardrobe choice there, especially for hosting morning programs. For a second I almost thought Holly was part of the backdrop.

3 Likes

You’re the one who is interpreting the streaming section is somehow lesser to tv.

At the end of the day, the tv section is for legacy operators broadcasting to a broad audience, working around tv schedules and old forms of advertising. Ticker is none of that.

1 Like
2 Likes

This thread isn’t in streaming though. It’s where it probably should be.

1 Like

That’s not true sorry. We work to TV schedules, we have to for our distribution partners, and do all sorts of advertising, including 4 2:30 breaks an hour now. Our distribution partners insert ads to those breaks.

Think more free to air.

Ahh so 7plus I presume? Good move if so! They’ve recently added Moviesphere and a couple of other global freebie channels. You’d be alongside ausbiz too which seems like a fitting pair.

No. Free to air.

:astonished: Wow! That’s huge news.

2 Likes

I worked with Jeff for 14 years at Sky. Next year is going to be interesting.

1 Like

I try not to comment on women’s fashion. Holly is awesome and a fashionista. I’ve never seen her in the same outfit twice. But remember, morning your time is night time somewhere else when we are a world news channel.

Holly knows what she’s doing.

2 Likes

Regional or metro…?

Bit different to working around tentpole prime time content or live sport tho

Must say adding Ticker to my Twitter feed a week or so ago has proven to be a surprisingly interesting addition with a range of global stories often not reported by the big players. Just enough content too in order to be consumable, and not post after post just for the sake of it.

2 Likes

So Ticker will be on FTA TV?

Has Ticker’s ticker changed? It looks… better

Maybe the new SBS Worldwatch channel will carry some Ticker programs?

2 Likes

That or Ticker is getting carried FTA in Azerbaijan.

4 Likes

Nearly 5 months on. Any news on this?

Also there hasn’t been a posting on here about Ticker for the same time. Have we all given up caring? :flushed:

7 Likes