The Wrong Girl

Erica: "They boned me :frowning_face: "

I hope Eddie gets to watch this episode

I am predicting extremely low ratings for this show, probably in the low 400k region. Literally no one is talking about it. It should have never been renewed in the first place.

Unfortunately I think you could be right about that, they shouldn’t have rushed it to air like they did especially because of the change to it airing on Thursday nights from this year.

I was out and about all over Brisbane city yesterday and the only OOH advertising that I saw was for the usual Bachelor / Survivor / Offspring that’s been on for weeks - nothing about this show or its new night.

I hope it does somewhat work for them though, they’ve had some success in the past with turning Thursday nights into a must watch night where other networks outside of live sport basically run dry.

I watched the premiere on TenPlay a few days ago. The premise didn’t feel like it changed much at all from Season 1.

The justification to bring Lily back to The Breakfast Bar didn’t really make a lot of sense so hopefully adding Nat Bass in future weeks helps change things up a bit as well.

The ratings for last night aren’t very encouraging either.

Interesting development for Ten’s schedule with Gogglebox confirmed as returning to Thursdays from the 5th October, The Wrong Girl will have only aired 6 of it’s 10 episodes this season by then so will obviously be bumped to the 9:30pm timeslot or will change nights, possibly back to Wednesdays in the coming weeks.

It still boggles my mind it received a ten episode order when ratings were in the gutter last year. Ten have completely collapsed in the ratings yet again except for the Bachelor. Ten never learns.

Have you been paying attention is holding up.

True sadly it takes more than two programmes to create a viable schedule. Shark Tank needs axing and Survivor needs a complete overhaul.

Natalie Bassingthwaighte Joins The Wrong Girl.

Tonight At 9.00pm.

In tonight’s episode of The Wrong Girl, Natalie Bassingthwaighte makes her debut as Gillian, Jack’s (Rob Collins) sexy and successful ex-girlfriend.

Growing up in the restaurant business, Gillian met Jack when he was an apprentice chef and they quickly fell into a long-term relationship. When Jack’s career started to progress, his lifestyle choices took a destructive turn, ultimately pushing her away.

While mustering courage for her first meeting with Jack’s formidable brother, Shaun (Guy Simon), Lily (Jessica Marais) finds herself wildly unprepared when she comes face-to-face with Gillian.

Now an internationally acclaimed pastry chef, Gillian returns to Melbourne to front her own cooking show, stirring the pot of Jack and Lily’s relationship in the process.

Natalie is one of Australia’s most versatile entertainers, achieving success as an actor, musician, presenter and author. With a long list of television credits including So You Think You Can Dance, Brock, Neighbours and Underbelly: The Golden Mile, Natalie has received TV Week Logie Award nominations for Most Popular Actress and Most Popular Presenter, as well as two Gold Logie nominations.

Natalie said: “I am so excited to be part of this wonderful show. I really hope fans love my character Gillian as much as I do!”.

From next Thursday Rob Collins will be in two Australian dramas on two networks at the same time.

Glitch

The Wrong Girl

1 Like

ahhh the classic you vs the guy she tells you not to worry about

1 Like

It’s a shame when this happens because it splits fans of actors and shows.

1 Like

Both are low rated shows so I doubt many will be inconvenienced.

2 Likes

Which is why it’s even more important. You need every viewer you can get.

Not really JBar. People will either DVR or watch on catchup/torrent. Their fans should just be thanking their lucky stars both shows got renewed on dismal first season ratings in the first place.

1 Like

Not everybody goes to the trouble of recording. MOST people I know never record anything. It’s only the real television fans who can be bothered to record and watch everything they really love.

Aren’t most of the people you know JBar in retirement homes and have never heard of a DVR :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

1 Like

How about no. Quite the opposite actually. Most of them don’t watch any television at all. But when they do, they just watch whatever is on.

No need to get so po-faced.

Anyway plenty of people DVR crap they don’t have an affinity on because they go out and can watch it later. They don’t have to be tv fanatics. It’s also easier than bothering with streaming and with less adverts.

Your caustic demeanour has that effect on people. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The thing is, the free to air networks have pretty much wrecked drama on television in this country by constantly running reality shows over time so people have no idea when shows that follow them actually start now. So they don’t even bother watching them now.

1 Like