The Weakest Link

Worth remembering that it took Seven two years after the UK Chase began airing to put an Australian version of The Chase on air, so if anything, we could see Nine air a local version of Tipping Point as early as December 2021, but more realistically maybe February 2022 at the start of the ratings season.

Whether an Australian version takes the coveted 5pm slot, who knows, but since Hot Seat is still very popular along the east coast and provides a great lead-in to Nine News, I’m not sure Nine will move Hot Seat.

1 Like

Agreed. They should of got Gretel!

1 Like

You don’t have to be 30 to think that.

3 Likes

Have managed to find The Weakest Link: The Mole special from March 2002.

Unlike other episodes, this one began with only Cornelia in the studio before the nine contestants from The Mole were blindfolded and placed onto their podiums by that show’s host, Grant Bowler.

The $14,100 they raised was the lowest ever in any episode of TWL. However, this figure was later rounded up to $15,000 and added to the prize kitty on The Mole; additionally, the winner of this “challenge” would gain immunity from elimination on The Mole.

Credit: Daniel MAK

1 Like

Just tuning in for the first time. This show is so bad it’s actually……really bad. I can’t believe it. I like Magda but she was the wrong pick for this.

3 Likes

I would’ve preferred someone like Tom Gleeson or Lee Lin Chin as hosts

1 Like

Someone recently suggested Red Symons as a preferred host. I hadn’t thought of him but it definitely would’ve suited his style.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Tom already has very similar role on a successful game show, and the majority of Lee Lin’s stuff is scripted or ghostwritten.

1 Like

You know who I’d like to see on one of the specials - Martha from MAFS and someone from one of the recent seasons of Lego Masters!

The Block special ought to be interesting too!

1 Like

I’m surprised Nine didn’t commission a special Married At First Sight edition of The Weakest Link. Certainly there’d be no shortage of former contestants from that show likely to generate arguments/tension amongst each other during an episode of TWL! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

There is still time to!

I reckon Nine should air the four specials in Q4, as a way of ensuring viewer fatigue doesn’t happen if they air them immediately after the regular season of TWL finishes it run.

If Nine even want the specials to be remotely successful, they should air them either Sunday 7pm, or Monday or Tuesday 7:30pm.

1 Like

Yeah, these specials would probably perform OK in November once The Block and other key tentpoles have finished up for the year.

Is anyone actually watching?

Going by the ratings, not really.

Programs on the ABC such as Love On The Spectrum and Finding The Archibald (titles hardly aimed at a mainstream audience) have received more viewers than The Weakest Link in recent weeks.

2 Likes

and that is a good thing!

2 Likes

An NRL/Rugby version of TWL would be nice too.

2 Likes

Not AFL? :grin:

Whilst Nine don’t have AFL rights, they still have a couple of AFL programs.

2 Likes