The Weakest Link

No, he means that if it was Rugby, they probably wouldn’t get any money!

1 Like

Just watched the latest episode. This show is getting better. A few LOL moments. Magda is hitting her stride, delivering some funny lines and making the contestants feel comfortable enough to play along as she mocks them.

6 Likes

I actually had the same thoughts last night. Magda was great.

3 Likes

Sat through this episode in full. Definitely not as bad as the initial episodes sounded, but it lacked a punch. In other words, it’s a perfect adaptation for daytime.

5 Likes

A promo for tomorrow night’s episode features a contestant who appeared on the original Seven Network version of the show.

On it he says he appeared on the show “twenty-one years ago”, which isn’t exactly accurate because the Seven iteration of the show began airing in 2001.

2 Likes

The original UK version of The Weakest Link has been revived by the BBC, with comedian Romesh Ranganathan as the new host. 12 episodes have been commissioned.

5 Likes

Am watching this at the moment and Magda is really hitting her stride, but the contestants seems to be from Dumb and Dumber. Honestly the amount banked and questions answered correctly is abysmal compared to the classic seasons.

3 Likes

The more recent promos are certainly a huge improvement over the NICK SCALI MAGDA SZUBANSKI ones they were running for a while there.

I’ve only caught the one episode on a daytime replay a week or two ago. I didn’t think it was too bad. The early reviews here made it seem like the worst revival since Family Feud.

2 Likes

Oh it was still better than that show but it certainly wasn’t great until fairly recently.

1 Like

Which FF are we referring to the 2006-2007 Bert Newton version that aired on 9 or the more recent one that aired on 10 with Grant Denyer.

Ahmm, Pointless.

1 Like

Please explain how Pointless was a revival.

2 Likes

Aside from the doc’s career, that is

3 Likes

Also how was Pointless the worst show since Family Feud? It was highly watchable but on the wrong network.

I’d prefer that and this show (Weakest Link) over what Family Feud became in the last few years of the 2014 revival.

3 Likes

An ad has aired for The Weakest Link in Sydney touting it as the season final. Given the bad reception this show has received, I dare say the show won’t be renewed for a second season, though I do know there are four specials in the pipeline.

4 Likes

Yeah, it would not be at all surprising if next Tuesday’s season finale of The Weakest Link is the series finale (apart from the four specials in the pipeline) especially after receiving less viewers than niche programs on the ABC such as Love On The Spectrum, Finding The Archibald and Ms Represented with Annabel Crabb!

3 Likes

After last night’s ratings, I think it’s fair to say that The Weakest Link is likely to be axed very soon.

Sure, it was always going to have a hard time up against the Olympics. But there’s absolutely no way that last night’s performance can be credibly defended: Below 200k metro viewers - less than commercial network brekky/mid-morning shows and even Insight on SBS! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

I don’t think it will be officially axed. Perhaps Ch9 will use the term ‘rested’ in the hope that it will fade away and may possibly return down the track with tweaked format and another host.

3 Likes

With nothing else on tv tonight (Olympics overload) I popped on one of my recorded TWL. And I wonder if there’s a market for this, or another game show on a Saturday night?

Feels pretty good in the background atm.

It could work if it was on Nine or Seven. Probably not 10 though. Their track record on Saturday nights is not flash to say the least.

4 Likes