The Voice

Jason Derulo joins The Voice

Global superstar set to spin on upcoming season

The Seven Network is thrilled to announce that one of the most dynamic forces on the global pop landscape, Jason Derulo, is joining hit series The Voice in 2023.

The genre-defying, superstar artist behind chart-topping hits such as Talk Dirty, Ridin’ Solo, Whatcha Say and Savage Love will take his place on a spinning red chair alongside returning Voice coaches Jessica Mauboy, Rita Ora and Guy Sebastian. Host Sonia Kruger is also set to return.

In recent years, the massively creative, forward-thinking Derulo staked a claim as the King of TikTok, with more than 57 million followers glued to his every move. The 33-year-old Los Angeles-based hitmaker, who has sold more than 250 million singles worldwide, is teasing a fifth studio album is on the way, his first in eight years.

Jason said: “I’ve always loved The Voice and Australia happens to be one of my favourite places in the world. I can’t wait to hear all the amazing talent down under!”

Seven’s Chief Content Officer, Entertainment Programming, Angus Ross, said: “The Voice is one of the biggest entertainment brands globally and in Australia, and we are very excited to welcome one of the biggest stars in the world into the Seven family and to The Voice Australia.

“Jason is a sensational addition to our line-up of superstar coaches Jess, Rita and Guy and we can’t wait to see who they turn their iconic red chairs for this season.”

The Voice was one of Australia’s most watched entertainment shows in 2022, with 1.39 million viewers nationally and increasing its audience year-on-year.

The 2023 season premieres later this year on Channel 7 and 7plus. The Voice is an ITV Studios Australia production for the Seven Network.

Hopefully does better than the last Australian reality show he did Everybody Dance Now which was cut short after a few episodes.

3 Likes

someones been badly photo shopped in :grinning:

9 Likes

Tickets are now available from That’s the Ticket website for the blind auditions for the 2023 season. The auditions take place at Carriageworks (where the show was filmed back in 2021) on April 3-6, just before Easter. There will be two sessions each day, a morning session starting at 9.25am, and an afternoon session starting at around 3.30pm.

In between the two sessions on April 3, the judges’ performance with Guy, Jess, Rita and Jason will also be filmed.

2 Likes

The Good Friday appeal had Guy, Jess, Jason & Rita asking people to donate in their chairs with the crowd behind them so I assume that’s from the filming of the auditions

2 Likes

Audience tickets are now available from That’s the Ticket website for the next stages including the grand final on June 22.

The seven episodes, to be filmed at Sydney’s Disney Studios, are:
CALLBACK 1 - SATURDAY 13TH MAY (all tickets gone as of May 1)
CALLBACK 2 - SUNDAY 14TH MAY (all tickets gone)
THE ULTIMATE CALLBACK - THURSDAY 25TH MAY
BATTLE 1 - SUNDAY 4TH JUNE (all tickets gone)
BATTLE 2 - MONDAY 5TH JUNE
SEMI FINAL - THURSDAY 15TH JUNE (all tickets gone)
GRAND FINAL - THURSDAY 22ND JUNE (all tickets gone)

So when is this planned to air?

4 to be exact. :wink:

We're back on set and bringing the vibes ✌️#TheVoiceAU | TikTok - on set

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ctn8waAIPMi/ - I assume 2023 promo will air on Seven tonight. Can someone record the full thing and put on YouTube?

Could the new season start in August after the Logie Awards on July 30, and after Dancing with the Stars finishes?

The first ad for the next season of The Voice appeared on tonights Dancing With The Stars (durimg their first ad break).

1 Like

Why does it remind me of the Big Brother ‘Twist’ promo.

1 Like

The Voice launched in 2012 before the London Olympics on 9 and after the Tokyo Olympics (postponed) in 2021 on 7. Next year it’ll be interesting to see what 7 does given no Olympics for the network for the forseeable future.

omg the friggin dog

Not as good as their previous efforts, the one prior to / during the Olympics was excellent (singing to JT’s Can’t Stop The Feeling and they’re all dancing atop that steampunk-esque platform).

1 Like

this one? Extended Cut: The Voice Australia 2021 First Look | #TheVoiceAU - YouTube

1 Like