The Voice

“I can win that crown for you”

Breathtaking Battles bring The Voice to a standstill

Tonight on The Voice , artists from Team Keith and Guy came out swinging in the Battle arena, ready to prove they deserve a spot in the Semi-Finals.

Team Keith’s incredible artists were up for the challenge, as 28-year-old Thando Sikwila from Victoria won her Battle against 40-year-old Shaun Wessel from NSW, performing Beggin’ by Maneskin.

Tamworth teens Lane Pittman, 15, and Freddie Bailey, 17, stepped away from their country roots with Midnight Sky by Miley Cyrus and Stevie Nicks, as Keith declared star-on-the-rise Lane the victor.

Keith decided Chriddy Black from Queensland won “by the smallest of margins” during his performance of Justin Bieber’s Ghost with Melanie Cowmeadow from South Australia.

With his final three secured, Keith sent Lane straight to the Semi-Final for: “storytelling that speaks to me no matter what that song is,” while Thando and Chriddy sang for their life and the last remaining spot on Team Keith.

Keith described Thando’s rendition of Sia’s Chandelier as: “hands down we just saw one of the best performances I’ve ever seen on this stage,” moving her one step closer to her dream. Thando proclaimed: “I’m so excited, if you take me all the way I can win you that crown, I have no doubt.”

After an explosive Battle between NSW’s Jordan Tavita and Queensland’s Celestial Utai performing Guy’s own song, Art of Love with Jordan Sparks; Guy faced a decision so impossible he confessed to host Sonia Kruger and his fellow coaches: “I don’t want to bend rules or do anything weird but if I can just ask, can just have a second and maybe put them both through to the sing offs?”

After the all clear from producers, Guy admitted: “I’ve only made it harder for myself.”

On Team Guy, Victoria’s Cassidy Mackie (pictured) won her battle against fellow Victorian Jas Winter after duelling it out with Paramore’s Decode . Liam Conroy, and Emerson Alexander from Victoria performed Love Me Again by John Newman, with Emerson coming out on top of a Battle Guy described as “neck and neck.”

With his four remaining artists, Guy sent Cassidy straight to the Semi-Final while Emerson, Jordan and Celestial took to the stage again to sing for their life. After a phenomenal performance of Calum Scott’s version of Dancing On My Own , Jordan secured the final Semi-Final spot on Team Guy.

Superstar coach Jessica Mauboy also took to The Voice stage performing her new single Glow.

See tonight’s incredible battle performances here:

Team Keith’s Thando Sikwila and Shaun Wessel duet Maneskin’s Beggin’ during The Battles of The Voice Australia

Team Keith’s Lane Pittman and Freddie Bailey duet Miley Cyrus and Stevie Nicks’ Edge of Midnight during The Voice Battles
Team Keith’s Chriddy Black and Melanie Cowmeadow duet Justin Bieber’s Ghost
Team Guy’s Jas Winter and Cassidy Mackie hit the battle ring with Paramore’s Decode
Team Guy’s Emerson Alexander and Liam Conroy duet John Newman’s Love Me Again during The Battles
Team Guy’s Celestial Utai and Jordan Tavita duet Guy’s own Art Of Love
Coach Guy Sebastian’s shock decision brings The Voice to a standstill
Fighting for the last Semi-Final spot on Team Keith, Thando Sikwila and Chriddy Black have one last song each during The Voice Battles
Fighting for the last Semi-Final spot on Team Guy, Emerson Alexander and Jordan Tavita have one last song each during The Battles of The Voice Australia
Jessica Mauboy stuns performing her incredible new single Glow

Sunday night on The Voice : Team Jess and Team Rita will battle it out for a Semi-Final spot. With only two places on each team it’s all on the line.

I posted back in January this year that there were 3 recording sessions for the Battles, with night 3 listed as the Final. This is what I think had occurred:
Night 1: Team Keith and Team Guy had their duet battles
Night 2: Team Jess and Team Rita had their duet battles
Night 3: Jess and Guy performed their singles, then the 13 battle winners (including Celestial and Jordan from Team Guy) returned to hear who would go straight to semi-finals. The nine remaining contestants had to sing for their life before their coaches delivered the verdicts.

Through editing, performances involving Team Keith and Team Guy and Jess’s performance of Glow were compiled with night 1 performances to form last night’s episode; Guy’s performance, Team Jess and Team Rita battles and sing for their life will be shown next Sunday (May 15).

The judge in Guy Sebastian’s fraud trail who had a suspected stroke has passed away.

1 Like

Yep. Also the Father of Andrew De Silva - Former Member of CDB and Australia’s Got Talent Winner from 2012.

4 Likes

The Voice Semi-Finalists are locked in**

Emotional Battles showdown leaves Rita in tears

Tonight on The Voice , Team Jess and Team Rita’s artists went head to head in Battle, vying for a life-changing spot in the Semi-Final.

With only two places on each team, one victorious Battle artist advanced to the Semi-Final, while the other two Battle winners had to sing for their life.

Superstar coach Jess staged the ultimate showdown for powerhouse vocalists Emily-Jade Conidi from Victoria and Faith Sosene from QLD. After performing Whitney Houston’s I’m Your Baby Tonight , Jess awarded Faith the victor, identifying her as “someone who has more to prove on the stage.”

Jael Wena from Victoria lit up the Battle arena, securing a win over NSW artist Richard Tsunami after their epic duet of Michael Jackson’s Thriller .

Jess asked NSW artists Finnian Johnson and Kaylee Bell to “be vulnerable and dig deep,” during Fleetwood Mac’s classic Landslide. Finnian won the Battle after Jess declared his tone “is meant to tell stories.”

Team Jess’ Battle winners Jael, Faith and Finnian faced off; Jael progressed straight to the Semi-Final, while Faith and Finnian sang for their life.

Faith’s show-stopping performance of Aretha Franklin’s Ain’t No Way cemented her Semi-Final spot. Jess acknowledged: “It comes down to who I think fought harder just now, because that fight is what you need to win.” Finnian departed The Voice despite his “magnificent” performance of You Are the Reason by Calum Scott.

On Team Rita, the emotional Battle showdown between Victorian Lachie Gill and Battle Pass winner Theoni Marks, from NSW, left the superstar coach in tears. Performing It’ll Be Ok by Shawn Mendes, Rita acknowledged Theoni’s “incredible presence and angelic tone” but divulged Lachie “has a natural gift where I believe every word he is saying.” Rita declared Lachie victorious.

Robbie Dolan from NSW won his Battle against South Australian sisters Ella and Sienna, with Miley Cyrus’ Wrecking Ball . Rita praised the professional jockey saying: “You sang your heart out.”

Canberra teenager Xanthe (pictured) and Queensland’s Liam Keates-Ryley took to the Battle arena with Don’t Speak by No Doubt. Xanthe’s “powerful” stage presence scored a win as she promised Rita: “You will not regret this. Thank you.”

Team Rita Battle winner Xanthe advanced straight to the Semi-Finals, while Robbie and Lachie sang for their life. In a close contest, Lachie’s raw and vulnerable performance of I Guess I’m In Love by Clinton Kane saw him victorious, as Rita admitted: “You were both spectacular up there, you both deserve to be on that stage.”

On cementing his spot in the Semi-Final, Lachie revealed: “I never dreamed it was possible” and paid tribute to his mate Robbie, who vowed to keep singing.

Superstar coach Guy Sebastian also took to The Voice stage with a special performance of some of his biggest hits: Before I Go, Battle Scars and Who’s That Girl.

See tonight’s incredible battle performances here:

Team Jess’ Faith Sosene and Emily-Jane Conidi duet Whitney Houston’s I’m Your Baby Tonight during the Battles
Richard Tanumi and Jael Wena from Team Jess take to The Voice Battle arena to perform Michael Jackson’s Thriller
Team Jess’ Kaylee Bell and Finnian Johnson perform Fleetwood Mac’s Landslide during The Voice Battles
Fighting for the last Semi-Final spot on Team Jess, Finnian Johnson and Faith Sosene have one last song each during The Battles of The Voice

Team Rita’s Lachie Gill and Theoni Marks duet Shawn Mendes’ It’ll Be Okay in The Voice Battle arena

Team Rita’s Robbie Dolan and Ella and Sienna swing into The Voice Battle ring with Miley Cyrus’ Wrecking Ball
Robbie and Lachie sing for their life to secure the final Semi-Final spot on Team Rita

Sunday night on The Voice : The Semi-Finals are here, as artists put everything on the line to pursue their lifelong music dreams.

The Voice 2022 Grand Final revealed as Sunday 29 May.

Saw my recording of Sunday’s episode this afternoon. The battle between Emily-Jade and Faith was amazing, the result could have gone either way. There was a couple of shock results with Kaylee and Theoni losing their respective battles.

Of the four contestants who received Battle Pass at the blind auditions, only Faith from Team Jess made it to the semi-final.

Also memo to Sonia: there is no such thing as The Voice Super Stadium or The Voice Battle Stadium. Just call it The Voice Arena or the venue’s actual name: Sydney’s Fox Studios.

1 Like

Get set for the Grand Finale

Lachie, Thando, Jordan and Faith have Voice victory within reach

Tonight on The Voice , breathtaking performances and soaring emotions took the Semi-Final to new heights as the artists vied for a life-changing spot in The Voice Grand Finale, 7.00pm next Sunday, 29 May on Channel 7 and 7plus.

The four spectacular voices competing for glory in the Grand Finale are Victorian Lachie Gill from Team Rita, Victorian Thando Sikwila from Team Keith, NSW artist Jordan Tavita from Team Guy and Queensland’s Faith Sosene from Team Jess.

Jordan cemented his Grand Finale spot over Cassidy Mackie with an emotional performance of Foreigner’s I Want To Know What Love Is , dedicated to his Nanna. “She took her last breath two nights ago,” he said. “I just know my Nanna is looking down at me right now saying you better come through, so I’m going to do this for her.”

After the announcement, a shocked Jordan said: “My head is still spinning, Guy let’s get to work!”

Keith faced his most difficult decision yet after Thando and Tamworth teenager Lane Pittman took to The Voice stage. The superstar coach said: “You’re storytellers. You’ve both shown huge leaps of growth from the Blinds to here and I think for all of us coaches that’s the number one thing we are looking for: someone that is going to evolve and grow as an artist every step of the way. You have both done that equally. It’s extraordinary.”

Thando secured her Grand Finale berth with a spinetingling interpretation of Ariana Grande’s POV against Lane’s Father And Son by Cat Stevens. Keith scored Thando’s “superb” performance “100 out of 100”. Thando said: “Thank you so much for believing in me. I cannot believe that I am the last woman standing on your team!”

Lachie locked in his Grand Finale spot with a captivating rendition of Déjà Vu by Olivia Rodrigo over Xanthe Campbell’s abcdefu by Gayle. Rita said: “He’s worked so hard. He steps it up a notch every single time. You’re everything one can look for in creating a superstar.”

A visibly shocked Lachie said: “Every week a fire is burning. I just want to keep going and keep going. I have learnt so much but I am just having so much fun. I don’t want this to stop.”

Faith proved she deserved her Grand Finale place after Jess set the challenge to “give yourself permission now to believe in yourself”. Faith’s powerful delivery of Beyoncé’s Listen moved her superstar coach to tears as she took Faith to the Grand Finale over Jael Wena, who performed Dua Lipa’s Don’t Start Now .

A thrilled Faith said: “Wow, it feels like a dream.”

Voting is now open for Australia to decide who will be crowned The Voice 2022, taking home $100,000 prizemoney and a recording contract with Universal Music Australia.

The Voice ’s top four artists have each released a new original track ahead of the Grand Finale. The singles were selected in collaboration with each artist, who worked with high-profile producers and songwriters to showcase their incredible voices. From power ballads to pop with attitude, the singles are available to stream or download now.

Faith Sosene Words You Should Have Heard

Jordan Tavita 100 Years From Now

Lachie Gill Wasted Time

Thando Sikwila The Other Side

See tonight’s incredible Semi-Final performances here:

Jordan Tavita performs Foreigner’s I Want To Know What Love Is during The Voice Semi-Final
Thando Sikwila performs Ariana Grande’s POV during The Voice Semi-Final
Faith Sosene performs Beyonce’s Listen during The Voice Semi-Final
Cassidy Mackie performs Betty Who’s I Love You Always Forever during The Voice Semi-Final
Lane Pittman performs Father And Son by Cat Stevens during The Voice Semi-Final
Jael Wena performs Dua Lipa’s Don’t Start Now during The Voice Semi-Final
Xanthe Campbell performs Gayle’s abcdefu during The Voice Semi-Final

Next Sunday night, the show-stopping Grand Finale will see the final four artists take to The Voice stage for a spectacular duet with their superstar coaches, as Australia decides who will be The Voice 2022.

Some of the song choices are horrible. Who chose the HBF song?

Even in the previews for the finale, very boring choices.

That was Buddy, the quokka. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Interesting that Guy and Keith had to choose their grand finalist halfway through the semi-final, instead of near the end of the episode after everyone had performed.

1 Like

Honestly, the more info that comes out about Sebastian, the worse he looks.

3 Likes

Grand Final

Lachie is The Voice

Australia chooses Lachie Gill as The Voice 2022 winner

The votes are in and Australia has chosen former football player and P.E. teacher Lachie Gill as winner of The Voice 2022.

Alongside The Voice crown, the 24-year-old Victorian won $100,000 prize money and a recording contract with Universal Music Australia.

After host Sonia Kruger revealed the life-changing result, a shocked Lachie exclaimed: “Oh my god! From the start, I just never, ever would have expected this. I’m just blown away. Thank you so much. Wow. Thank you.”

Coach Rita Ora said: “You did all of this. Australia, thank you, thank you, I love you. I feel like this is just the beginning for you. Congratulations. I’m so happy for you I can’t breathe!”

With the momentous news still sinking in, Lachie performed his new single Wasted Time (download/stream here) .

From his first Blind Audition, Lachie’s captivating storytelling and signature rasp enthralled Australian audiences, and superstar coaches Keith Urban, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy. From the very first chair turn, Rita was adamant she wanted the star-on-the-rise to join her team, blocking fellow coach Guy.

Rita said: “Lachie is in a league of his own; he’s the ultimate storyteller and has the ability to capture the audience and have them go along with him. He sings like it’s the last time, every time.”

Tonight, Lachie ignited the stage with a captivating final solo performance of Cyndi Lauper’s Time After Time.

Proud coach Rita beamed: “My whole body was floating I can’t believe how amazing you are. This is everything The Voice is about; you are the modern star that we need today.”

Rita joined Lachie on stage in a “pinch me moment” to perform Always Remember Us This Way by Lady Gaga, a fitting moment as a new The Voice star was born.

Lachie paid tribute to his coach: “You’ve given me challenging songs, but you’ve always said, ‘Don’t try and be someone else, just do it Lachie’s way.’”

Fellow Grand Finalists Thando Sikwila, Jordan Tavita and Faith Sosene soared with show-stopping performances across the series.

The #1 entertainment program of 2021, The Voice in 2022 has an average total audience of 1.38 million viewers nationally and has reached 8.2 million viewers on broadcast, with an additional 1.12 million on 7plus.

See tonight’s unmissable Grand Finale performances here:

Lachie Gill wins The Voice 2022
Lachie Gill sings Cyndi Lauper’s Time After Time for his final solo performance
The Voice Australia winner Lachie Gill performs his winner’s single Wasted Time
Rita Ora joins Lachie Gill for a duet of Lady Gaga’s Always Remember Us This Way during The Voice Grand Finale
Thando Sikwila sings Andra Day’s Rise Up for her final solo performance
Jordan Tavita sings Benson Boone’s Ghost Town for his final solo performance
Jessica Mauboy joins Faith Sosene for a duet of Mariah Carey’s Emotions during The Voice Grand Finale

2 Likes

And another The Voice winner wanders off to the wilderness.

7 Likes

I think this year’s winner has the most potential as a recording artist … the others seem much the same, and fall into the same league as Casey Donovan, Paulini etc … more like singers of cover songs, stage productions etc… but that’s just my opinion.

I must say the winner was not what I had expected.

While the grand final was another spectacular, the money wasted on elaborate sets (e.g. water fountain and faux marble columns during Lachie’s rendition of Time After Time, and the maze-like building set for Jessica and Faith’s duet) could have been better spent on live telecast of semi-final and grand final. And that means bringing back Keith and Rita to Sydney for three weeks of mentoring mid-year. Seven and ITV Studios shouldn’t be fearful of international border closures in 2023.

2 Likes

I think you underestimate the cost of bringing the judges back compared to the cost of building a set. I’m sure it would have been ten times more expensive to do what you suggest.

Nah, Rita doesnt seem to be doing much just holidaying and hanging out with Takai. Keith is in the country more than USA and if he wanted his new song to be premiered as part of this contract he could come back for it.

1 Like