The Voice

3 Hours? So it fishes past 10?

It’s supposed to finish at 9:58 but we all know these shows go over time.

That is very excessive. Hopefully it loses a lot of viewers.

How long will the first live show be, with 16 acts to get through?.
They’d better cut down those tedious repetitive gratuitous back-story packages to an absolute minimum.

The judges will co-host The Voice radio show on KIIS on Sunday afternoons from next week - see KIIS Network thread for details.

The Voice doesn’t appeal to the younger demographics as much so Nova dropped out and older skewing KIIS took over.

I don’t think this will go down well.

Tickets are available for the recording of OneRepublic’s guest performance next Monday (June 20). As the performance is recorded the night after the second live show, I think we will see it the following Sunday (June 26).

I’m surely not the only one who thinks that Ellie Drennan’s song on this week’s Voice ad really doesn’t match the ad! I’d imagine they’d have to use the previous winner’s song no matter what though, unfortunately nine’s adverts are the only place Voice winners actually get their songs played a year after their win!

1 Like

The Veronicas to fill in for the Madden brothers on The Voice
The Daily Telegraph

2 Likes

THE VOICE LIVE SHOW UPDATE

Last night on The Voice Live Show we said goodbye to four members of the top 12 artists. Leaving the competition was Lane Sinclair from Team Madden, Mikaela Dean from Team Jessie, Georgia Wiggins from Team Ronan and Kim Sheehy from Team Delta.

The remaining 8 Artists will now prepare to perform in live show four on Sunday 3 July at 7:00pm with four Artists up for elimination by public vote.

Team Delta
Alfie Arcuri
Adam Ladell

Team Jessie
Ellen Reed
Jack Pellow

Team Madden
Aaliyah Warren
Andrew Loadsman

Team Ronan
Tash Lockhart
Mitch Gardner

THE VOICE SEMI-FINAL AND GRAND FINAL DATES ANNOUNCED

WINNER TO BE CROWNED ON SUNDAY, JULY 10, AT 7.00PM

The Voice, the world’s premier singing contest, is close to a thrilling ending, with the live Semi-Final and Grand Final coming up in the next two weeks.

The Semi-Final of The Voice, which has averaged 1.727 million viewers per episode this year, will see the top eight artists cut to four for the Grand Final, leaving it up to the nation to decide who will be crowned Australia’s next Voice.

The Voice Live Show Four will go to air this Sunday, July 3, at 7.00pm on Channel Nine. At the top of the show we find out the artists with the highest vote from each team. These four artists are then fast-tracked through to the second half of the show, which is officially known as the Semi-Final.

The four artists with the least votes (one per team) must then perform to stay in the competition. Only two will make it through on an instant app vote mid-show to join the top four artists, giving us the top six. From this point the team structure is dispensed with and the top six will perform their Semi-Final song, followed by another instant app vote, and from there the top four are announced to prepare for The Voice Grand Final. This system means not all Coaches are guaranteed an artist in the top four.

Superstar Coach Delta Goodrem will perform her new single Enough with special guest Gizzle, from her forthcoming album Wings of The Wild. Mike Posner will also bring his hit I Took A Pill In Ibiza to the stage, the song taken from his latest album, At Night, Alone.

The Voice Grand Final will be broadcast on Sunday, July 10, at 7.00pm on Channel Nine. The top four artists will perform individually and do a duet with their Coaches. The voting lines will then be closed and tallied, revealing the final two artists who will perform their winner’s single in the hope of becoming Australia’s next Voice. The winner of The Voice will receive the grand prize of a recording contract with Universal Music Australia, $100,000 in cash and a brand new Mazda3. The winner’s single will be available immediately on iTunes and all other download and streaming services from midnight.

On Grand Final night, Joel and Benji Madden are bringing Good Charlotte to The Voice stage to play Life Can’t Get Much Better from their new album, Youth Authority, and US supergroup Fifth Harmony will be performing All In My Head (Flex) from their new album, 7/27.

Having two instant app votes during the semi final is unfair to viewers in SA, WA and NT due to time difference, as they can’t live stream the east coast broadcast on 9Now. Even the prompts on Twitter for them may not be quick enough.

That will be a wonderful family friendly tune. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Jessie J has revealed to The Sunday Telegraph that she will not return to the show next year, so she can start writing new music.

1 Like

Last year the Madden brothers had two contestants in the grand final while Delta Goodrem had none, this year it is the reverse.

The radio friendly version is usually ‘I took to a plane to Ibiza’. Not sure what version he sang last nigh though.

Delta is on fire at the moment. Caught the performance of her new single at the end of the show and that is surely going to be a massive hit. Reminds me a little of when Guy Sebastian release Battle Scars.

http://www.9jumpin.com.au/show/the-voice/video/5019560115001/

That’s exactly what a lot of Delta fans thought when they first heard the song (Enough) throughout last week.