The Traitors

The big Shark Tank watermark is blocking a couple of words of the riddles shown on screen in tonight’s task.

1 Like

Traitor Takes Down Traitor.

• Murdered: Paeden, SA (Faithful)

• Banished: Ash, VIC (Traitor)

Guess Sam is off Ash’s Christmas Card list this year! Tonight on The Traitors, it was an all-out war between Traitors when Ash discovered Sam was the one who lead the attempted blindside against her last Banishment. But this time, Sam’s crusade worked, and Ash was banished. Here’s how the betrayal went down…

Following Gyton’s banishment, Traitor Ash was the first to arrive at breakfast with a desire to uncover who was leading the charge against her. When Luke revealed that it was Sam, her fellow Traitor, she vowed to go after him. But Sam wasn’t phased, he wants to run the game and needs to get rid of Ash to do that, so he doubled down on his plans to blindside her.

The table was set for a Traitor v Traitor showdown, but neither of them realised that Luke was watching closely, gathering intel as his suspicions grew over who could be a Traitor. Meanwhile, the Faithful grew frustrated when they discover Paeden was murdered last night.

Following a combined effort to win $16k in silver to add to the prize pot, Ash’s winning team were granted access to the Armoury, with Liam scoring the Shield. Sam wasted no time in gathering his numbers against Ash. It’s a move that, unbeknown to him, caused Luke and Annabel to grow suspicious that Sam was a Traitor.

Ash and Sam went head-to-head at banishment, but Sam was ultimately victorious, when Traitor Ash was banished from the game. At Traitor’s Tower, Sam and Blake considered whether to murder Paul or Simone, until Rodger offered them the opportunity to recruit a Faithful into their ranks.

Who will they choose to don the red velvet? But the bigger question is… will the chosen Faithful make the jump to the dark side? Find out when The Traitors continues tomorrow night.

The Traitors. Continues Tuesday, 22 August At 7.30pm On 10 And 10 Play.

1 Like

I knew Ash Pollard’s stay on the show would not last long. The cast was officially revealed on Sunday May 21, and two days later Ash began posting on her Instagram again.

It was quite funny to see infighting between two Traitors, Ash and Sam.

This worked really well in the US version. Having some known people on the cast (some of them even knowing one another or having been on other shows together before) added an extra angle to the show. I feel like last night a lot of the pre-conceptions of Ash Pollard were leveraged and ultimately led to her demise too.

I think it’s a pretty good cast overall - similar to last season in that we have some more outspoken people and some quieter people.

Sam is playing way too hard though. The strategy of pushing Ash so much may have paid off last season, but now everyone will be much more cottoned on to the concept of Traitors wanting to remove other Traitors. For someone to be that confident that early in the game has to seem pretty obvious.

I also don’t understand what the benefit would be of the Traitors recruiting another Traitor at the expense of a murder? They just got rid of one of their own and have the opportunity to murder someone - meaning 1 less person in the game. Why would they sacrifice that to add someone else into the mix?

2 Likes

It would be a foolish move to bring in another Traitor at this stage. If one of the two remaining Traitors are eliminated then I assume the remaining Traitor will have no choice but to recruit another one. I haven’t seen the overseas versions, but was there ever a season where no Traitor made the final three?

Yes this happened in the UK version where 3 Faithfuls split the prize money.

1 Like

That would be a great and surprising outcome for the final three.

Only Room For Two Traitors In This Tower.

• Murdered: Paul, LA (Faithful)

• Banished: Ian, QLD (Faithful)

The Traitors did it again, with yet another Faithful, Ian, banished on The Traitors tonight. Here is how it went down…

Last night, after the Faithful banished their first Traitor Ash, remaining Traitors Sam and Blake were given the option to recruit a Faithful. But it seems Traitor Tower was not ready for a new velvet wearing devotee after they denied the opportunity… for now.

At breakfast, Sam had taken it upon himself to be head Traitor hunter for the Faithfuls, who hung off every word he said. Liam walked in wearing the Shield and everyone was left guessing what had happened last night - a murder or a recruitment?

Meanwhile, Luke and Annabel were onto Sam. Realising it was a Traitor mutiny last night, they decide to attempt to rally the numbers to banish Sam and oust him as a Traitor. Meanwhile, everyone was shocked to discover Paul had been murdered when he failed to turn up for his bacon and eggs.

The Red team won the Mission and went on to a Shield Mission of Viking proportions that saw Liam protected for a second time in a row.

Ahead of Banishment that night, Ian’s name was thrown around, with Liam certain he was a Traitor. However, Liam also made himself look suspicious by not voting for Traitor Ash last night and became suspect number two. Luke and Annabel desperately tried dropping little nuggets of information about Sam performing a mutiny last night on Ash, but their efforts were thwarted when Liam and Ian went at it, cementing them as the two targets for Banishment.

In the Banishment Ceremony, Ian fought for his life, as did Liam. Luke and Annabel waited for their moment to pounce on Sam but they conceded defeat when they realised the room was set on Ian or Liam. It became a neck and neck race between Ian and Liam – but in the end, Faithful Ian was banished.

In Traitor Tower, Sam and Blake were again given the option to recruit. Find out if they agree to bring in another masked murderer when The Traitors continues Sunday night.

There’s a lot of blind and baseless guessing going on again this season. I know there are limited cues but you’d think Sam’s move would have been a lot more obvious to more people.

The preview for the next episode shows that girl with the British accent (sorry forget her name) calling out both Traitors correctly. She did say in the first episode that she’s watched every English speaking series so might be to her advantage. I’ll be interested how she lands on Blake though - to me he’s been a perfect Traitor so far. Even now I thought he is doing a good job working with Sam whilst still being a bit shielded by him as he’s playing a bit more aggressively.

2 Likes

I am worried that even though she might have called out both Sam and Blake as Traitors, her fellow contestants would not believe her, and she would be the next to be banished or “murdered”.

Yeah true just because she calls out Blake doesn’t mean that everyone agrees. I guess everyone’s name eventually has to be considered at some point.

She does also run the risk of being too vocal. The catch 22 is that if she and the current Traitors survive banishment, murdering her would put Sam and Blake under the spotlight again (assuming she’s called them out like shown in the promo). This might be one of those cases where recruiting her as a Traitor could make a bit of sense (to try and bring her on their side).

Only reason I’ve been able to think of so far to recruit a traitor, when not doing so could expose one or both.

1 Like

They’ll end up recruiting the lady with the weird fake accent

2 Likes

The one perk I have with this show is that I’m not a fan of the recruit Traitor scenario - especially when it is forced and later in the game like they did last season. So I’m much preferring that it is just an ‘option’ for the Traitors quite early in the game rather than being forced. Although I’ll still predict at some point later in the game if there has been no recruitment or there is only 1 Traitor left that there will be another forced recruitment.

2 Likes

I agree. Now that I know that another series has got to the end with three Faithfuls I like the idea of not recruiting a new Traitor at all. I like that the remaining contestants would still assume there is a Traitor amongst them and then get surprised at the end when they realise they’re all Faithfuls.

BTW, what’s the story with the woman with the funny accent? It sounds like she’s putting it on.

1 Like

Season 2 finale is Sunday, September 10 at 7.30pm.

1 Like

Sam Lives To Murder Another Day.

• Murdered: Roha, WA (Faithful)

• Banished: Annabel, VIC (Faithful)

Deceit. Lies. Betrayal. Just your ordinary day in the mansion. Here is what went down on tonight’s killer instalment of The Traitors.

Annabel arrived to breakfast suspicious over Blake’s behaviour last night. Despite not having a friendship with Ian, Blake reacted dramatically to his banishment, convincing her that Blake was a Traitor trying to blend in.

Newly forged Faithful alliance, Luke and Annabel, turned their sights to Traitor Blake, hoping he would be an easier target to take down than Traitor Sam who has shrewdly pretended to be a successful Traitor Hunter.

In a torturous mission, the 11 remaining Faithfuls and Traitors won a total of $12,000 for the prize pot. After Blake retrieved the Shield from the Armoury, Annabel and Luke realised they would be left exposed for murder.

As Annabel hustled for numbers, she floated Blake’s name to Sam and was surprised to hear he too is keen to take down his fellow Traitor. However, it’s Annabel’s attempts to convince the Faithfuls that raised suspicion on her.

At Banishment, Annabel and Luke tried their best to convince the Faithfuls that Blake was a Traitor, but fearing a losing battle, the pair dropped a bombshell and exposed Sam as the second Traitor. It was a show down between Annabel and Sam but the game was over for Annabel when Sam’s new connection Hannah came to his rescue. The Faithfuls banished Annabel and Sam lived to murder another day.

At Traitor’s Tower, Blake confronted Sam – infuriated that he was potentially going to join Annabel and Luke on the vote against him. Sam consoled Blake that if he wanted Blake gone, he would have been Banished, because Sam “never misses”.

Luke was now their new target, but will murdering him expose Sam and Blake as the Traitors? Find out, when The Traitors continues tomorrow night.

The Traitors. Continues Monday, 28 August At 7.30pm On 10 And 10 Play.

Great ep tonight - is it time for the traitors to recruit? And will the recruitee accept?

5 Likes

Just as I expected, the other contestants didn’t believe what Annabel said about Sam and Blake being the Traitors, and she was banished with eight votes.

This is a great series. It’s a shame more eyeballs aren’t on it. Perfect reality tv

4 Likes