The Traitors

I would like to see another Australian season too. Agreed that they need to sort out a few issues and perhaps make things less confusing for new viewers. My main gripe was that two ‘late recruit’ traitors had the same benefits as the four original traitors. That really didn’t seem fair seeing that the OGs did most of the work. Perhaps they can be guaranteed half of the prize if any ‘lates’ make the final two, rather than the whole amount?

I think that overcomplicates things though and ultimately as a Faithful the players have the possibility of taking home half the prize pot (if they go down to final two and both a faithful), so a recruited faithful becoming a traitor should have that same opportunity.

I think in the case of the Aussie version the first recruitment made sense, the second was unnecessary. Producers clearly want to go into the final episode with more than one traitor but not sure that is absolutely necessary, but it’s clearly why they have a recruitment with just one or two murders to go just in case the final traitor is eliminated at the penultimate round table. I really think the format is strong enough though that a final with no traitors would be just as interesting to watch for all the false accusations.

1 Like

There was a post on Instagram today that casting is open for a second season.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnoIvk6v5g3/?igshid=OGQ2MjdiOTE=

5 Likes
3 Likes

So I’ve persisted with this season (am about 6 episodes in) and I’m glad that I did. You are right - it is really good and the host really has grown on me as it’s gone along. The tasks/challenges/location have been exceptionally great too - the show overall has more of a haunting vibe too. With the casting the reality contestants are actually the entertaining ones, a lot of the newbies have been completely under the radar. Keen to see how it plays out.

1 Like

I’ve found with all three versions I’ve watched you have to give it at least two or three episodes to get into it and become invested. Indeed when you look back at all successful franchises they’re pretty much all like that - you have to give them a chance. Sadly as time goes on people expect episode 1 satisfaction, which is rarely achieved - and often producers attempts to do so can be counterproductive.

That said one thing the Traitors has going for it is the reveal of the Traitors in episode 1. I think everyones gut reaction when finding out we’d know them was that it would ruin the game for us but it’s quite the opposite - though I do think they could let us play along a little bit more and not show us who gets picked at the round table so we don’t meet the traitors until they meet each other.

I just hope they don’t look at the US version and decide they need to fill half the cast with reality stars. Hopefully having been burnt badly by The Challenge (yet another predictable flop) they won’t be that stupid.

1 Like

Apply Now For The Traitors Season 2

Apply now for season 2 of The Traitors, where deception, lies and betrayal are the name of the game, and who you trust might send you packing.

Australia’s most thrilling show ‘The Traitors’ has returned!

Have you got what it takes to play the ultimate game of strategy and deception?

Could your charm and powers of persuasion carry you to the finish line?

What would you risk and how far would you go to win a life changing prize?

If you’re ready to get your game face on then **APPLY NOW **to be a part of a world where the stakes have never been higher!

1 Like

The US version has now been recommissioned for a second season and there will also be a reunion show for the first season.

1 Like

With 1.2M consolidated viewers over the past two weeks, the opening episode, titled The Game is Afoot, sits atop the BBC Three charts, according to Barb data supplied by Liam Hamilton.

The Australian version of The Traitors will air on Peacock in the US.

2 Likes
1 Like

The Traitors UK and The Traitors US just dropped on 10Play.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Just finished UK version. The finale was definitely a lot more exciting than ours was but the general game play throughout was a little less strategic and more “going with the rest of the group” mentality. Enjoyed the host, she had a very dry sense of humour but was also quite supportive when she needed to be. Some nice eye candy among the players didn’t hurt either !

Canadian streaming platform Crave has bought Australian, US and UK versions of The Traitors at Mip TV in Cannes.

From 10:

The Traitors Australia will return to its mysterious manor, where we will see Australia’s most cunning contestants play a game of deception, suspicion, and betrayal. With $250,000 in silver bars up for grabs, there will be some dangerously high stakes in trying to unmask and survive the murderous Traitors.

Award-winning and celebrated actor, Rodger Corser, returns to host the enthralling and nail-biting second season of the sought-after international hit franchise. Actors, reality stars, and content creators will join the likes of former federal agents, lawyers, and marketing consultants in the most exciting game where you can trust no one. Keep your eyes peeled, Australia. You may be surprised to see a few familiar faces grace your screen.

Again, the most typical solution our networks think of when trying to boost a tanking show: Chuck a few ‘celebrities’ in :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, I’m sure they’ll think this will boast viewership given they’ve committed to a second season, bit short sighted IMO.

They did this in one of the international versions didn’t they?

1 Like