The Traitors

It was remarkable that the four original traitors were all eliminated, but the recruited ones were still there. And the producers put in another twist to make sure a traitor would make it to the finale. What’s wrong with only the remaining faithfuls competing for the silver?

Yeah, I agree. If they need to recruit, it should be done when the first 2 traitors are voted out, then that’s it. If all the traitors are voted out, they don’t need to be told, so they are still paranoid. Or they can tell them and it would become strategic in a different way.

2 Likes

Yeah I didn’t like this recruiting so late in the game. The goal is to eliminate the Traitors, so if they achieve that it shouldn’t mean that they are continually recruited. Even if the last Traitor was eliminated tonight, I’d be ok with watching Faithful’s compete for the money in the finale.

3 Likes

Agreed. The final two shouldn’t have had to recruit another Traitor because the first thing she did was get the other two eliminated over the next two episodes. I was hoping Nigel would make it to the end so I’ve lost a bit of interest now.

2 Likes

Perhaps a better strategy for traitors is to support each other as much as possible so they all reach further into the competition. A some point they would end up in the majority.

The format would need some major changes to provide a motive for that. Protecting another traitor requires huge sacrifices to your own game. And the money pool at the end would need to be doubled/tripled depending on the number of traitors to remove the financial incentive to play an individual game.

So the way to play the game is be inconspicuous and quiet like the 2 old men who have made it to the end without any air time

2 Likes

It could go a few ways. If there is no Traitor at the very end I wonder if it could be Survivor style with a vote for the winner from former contestants (if there is no traitor there in the end) or if there will be some sort of challenge to determine the winner.

1 Like

In the original Dutch version the contestants played a game to decide the winner/winners. According to Wiki: The two finalists independently wrote down either the word ‘Verraad’ (Betrayal) or ‘Trouw’ (Faithful). If both chose ‘Trouw’ then they split the prize but if one person chose ‘Verraad’ then that person won all the silver bars.

1 Like

Apparently season 1 used that decider. However, that resulted in the last remaining traitor and faithful sharing the pot so there wasn’t really a winner and it was disappointing to viewers according to the show’s developer so they changed the second season final.

The second season:

In the final, the pot of silver now goes to the team with the most remaining players. “An outcome like last year, in which a Traitor and a Faithful share the silver, is therefore no longer possible,” says Marc Pos, the creator of De Verraders.

We’ll have to wait to see what version Australia gets for the final.

They also changed it so that the traitors no longer know who has been given a shield and thus is safe from their nighttime killings.

1 Like

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens given that there will be 3 faithful and 2 traitors left at the start of tonight’s episode. A faithful will have to be banished tonight for the traitors to have the majority going into the final, assuming they murder someone at the end of tonight’s episode.

1 Like

I had some spare time so watched the Marielle blindside and the end where Nigel gets banished.

I have to say they were a much more enjoyable set of episodes. Probably thanks to Kate and seeing some intelligent gameplay and logic on display.

It was so much more entertaining when the contestants were using intelligence rather than targeting people they didn’t like or had personality clashes with.

Though why did they have to add another traitor? I thought it would be much more fun to see who out of the five they would try and pick the traitor to be rather than handing the traitors more power.

I’d love a Kate or Alex win but I’d be okay with anyone other than Teresa winning.

The ratings picked up so it may get another season.

The promo at the end of tonight’s said “tomorrow night”… But I don’t think it’s on tomorrow?

1 Like

I don’t understand why 10 didn’t put up a promo in the last ad break saying the finale will be on this Sunday, not tomorrow?

The Twosome Of Terror Has Arrived.

Murdered: Paul

Banished: Teresa (Faithful)

After the epic banishment of the last original Traitor Nigel and a new recruitment, Traitors and Faithfuls were down to the final five tonight, and more desperate than ever to pave their way to the end game.

After being recruited the night before, the spotlight was on Kate when she turned up to breakfast alive, instead the twosome of terror, Kate and Alex, choosing to take out Paul.

Alex’s grand plan was coming together as the Faithfuls began to suspect her new recruit Kate, after she survived another night despite being a formidable threat.

At the challenge, the players AKA the D-Grade mixed basketball team, successfully won $10k to contribute to their Prize Pool which stands at $210k.

Alex rallied the troops to vote for Teresa, meanwhile Kate was quietly working behind Alex’s back, throwing her name into the spotlight to see if anything will stick. So much for team Traitor!

During banishment, Rodger made a huge declaration that if a Traitor made it to the end, they would take all the money. Cue the shocked faces!

In the end, the votes piled on Teresa, with more shocked faces when she revealed she was indeed a Faithful.

It’s the final showdown. Two Faithful, Craig and Lewis, and two Traitors, Alex and Kate, remain.

The Traitors. Finale. Sunday At 7.30pm On 10 And 10 Play.

So the final four and the women are the villains

Another missed opportunity to vote out a traitor.

Chances are increasing that a traitor will take home all the silver.

Paul really was a nothing contestant. They didn’t even bother to show him leaving after he was murdered.

Teresa was a bad move. I thought they learnt earlier in the game that the Traitors are never the really outspoken ones.

That’s the flaw in the end game - that the two remaining were recruited very late in the game. At least Alex has had some time but there is absolutely nothing to base Kate being a traitor when she’s been involved in one murder. Everyone suspected her earlier on, then she did a good job to lead them off her trail but now she’s a traitor right at the end by default. It did seem suss that she wasn’t murdered this round though, she would’ve been the obvious choice to go but I guess the contestants weren’t told this time about the late recruit.

I don’t think any of the remaining Faithful’s really deserve thecorize. I would still like to see Kate wins out of the remaining though. She has been the most switched on as a faithful the entire game and they should’ve murdered her a while ago.

Who?

:rofl:

4 Likes

Finale was a good format, but I’m still pissed about the recruitment so late in the season which really overshadowed the whole thing.
Producer interference should never have such a direct and inevitable impact on the outcome of the competition.

1 Like