The Simpsons

I think people are having a bit of fun, using the programming grid gag from the show?

5 Likes

I reckon (due to the large episode count), Seven will show marathons of The Simpsons on multiple nights, just like they did with TBBT.

And it worked, averaged 100-200k, topped key demos & gave 7flix 3%+ shares.

To the point people will complain after a while that “does 7flix show anything other than The Simpsons” I’ll bet :roll_eyes:

I hope to see an “Animation Fixation” night with Family Guy and American Dad, plus Futurama? on 7mate.

1 Like

I would suggest not taking the memes quite so literally :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I hope you are able to use your refund from your Today purchase to obtain extra capacity on The Simpsons thread. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Perhaps 7Flix will get the rename that people have been calling for.

Perhaps it should be “America’s favorite family”.

6 Likes

On another less interesting note, it’d be great if Seven and Ten’s classification teams could lisase over coming weeks/months.

To save Seven having to review and classify all 600+ episodes.

Ten provided a classification (G to M) and consumer advice for every single episode, as well as many being edited. But they did that over 30 years I suppose.

However I doubt any of that will happen, they’ll probably just provide a blanket “PG” to all eps (as they’ve done with Seinfeld) & look at the DVD releases for seasons classified “M”, then search for such episodes and classify or edit accordingly?

By the way, walked past Season 18 of The Simpsons on DVD at JB Hi-Fi the other day!

Good to see them being made again! They’re nearly there (Season 20 already has one, specially released in 2010).

Come on Seven, make it happen…

7 Likes

Why would they have to do this? Can’t they just use Fox8’s classifications from program guides?

i would be SO happy for that to happen (hopefully not like FOX8’s marathon interrupting for other programs during primetime)

Because the ACMA require them to.

Not just classification, but each episode will have to be looked at for where ad breaks are best suited, etc.

Huge process Seven are committing themselves to.

There are set act breaks for ads (there are often meta references to these), I’m sure the official timings would be provided by 20th Century Fox. I’m not sure why Seven would need to rewatch every episode to determine ad break times?

5 Likes

Well isn’t this a great time for the Simpsons, everything’s coming up Milhouse!

Seymour, the website has crashed
No mother, it’s just The Simpsons hype

13 Likes

Now that’s a shitpost

2 Likes

♪ SEVEN DO-DO-DO-DO DO-DO ♪
♪ AW, HONEY, HONEY DO-DO-DO-DO DO-DO ♪

18 Likes

Very unfortunate that if you don’t catch the production code there is no other way to read up on the episode.

5 Likes

Now that’s a fresh meme

1 Like

Shots fired…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I couldn’t decide who should be Skinner and Chalmers.

usherandfergusonsteamedhams

17 Likes

Should we be expecting some sort of announcement from Seven about this and other acquisitions?

1 Like

I’m sure they are working on a promo to air during the Australian Open Men’s Final telecast…

4 Likes

let’s hope they don’t stuff it up by showing it at midnight on 7mate on random nights (as they did with It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia)

2 Likes