The Secret Life Of Four Year Olds

Child Genius is stripped Mon-Wed for 2 weeks making it hard to avoid.

Oh, I see.

Itā€™s still a shame these shows are going head to head. There have just been too many similar shows launching against each other in recent weeks.

We have two comedies on Thursday night likely to clash in the next few weeks. The three paramedic/ambulance factuals on screen at the same time. Weā€™ve had Blind Date launching around the same time as Take Me Out.

A few months ago had a surge of dramas all screening at the same time with Doctor Doctor, 800 Words, Bite Club, Wanted, Playing For Keeps all in the schedule at the same time. Now, theyā€™ve all finished.

Watching the first episode, and it seems as the show has been renamed ā€œThe Secret Life of Five Year Oldsā€ although not in the EPG or PRG.

Was it in the opening credits?

1 Like

They actually moved on to 5 year olds tonight

2 Likes

From what I could tell ā€˜four year oldsā€™ was referenced in the EPG and the on screen show identification (next tot the logo coming back from a break) but on the in-show going to break screen it was ā€˜five year olds.ā€™ Weird they didnā€™t just call it the Secret Life of Kids or something and save the mismatch.

2 Likes

I noticed on youtube they have snippets of the British version and itā€™s called: The Secret Life of 4, 5 & 6 Year Olds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1efSaDxl4s

The British seem to be more open and honest in naming their series as well as when it comes to its content.

For example, one thing that has irritated me about the Australian version is how the creators take a theory about gender etc. For example: ā€œBoys tend to be more brutally honest to others socially while girls tend to lie so as not to hurt other peopleā€™s feelings.ā€ and then rather than put it to the test, they seem to enforce it and seemed to have prompted the girls to be ā€˜niceā€™ and ā€˜lieā€™ about how they feel about what they were tasting. I have no proof of that the girls were prompted but it seemed that way. From memory all the girl 4 year olds and girl 5 year olds in the Australian version tried to be nice about what they were tasting and most of the boys were honest about how horrible what they were tasting tasted.

However, the British version seemed to allow the children to react in their own way. Girls were honest if they didnā€™t like something. And one boy said ā€œIt was disgusting but I really did like it.ā€ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1efSaDxl4s