The Real Housewives of Melbourne/Sydney

Gamble apologised for those comments :stuck_out_tongue: LVP confirmed it was not the case and Gina is in fact a friend.

So just another case of the Melbourne Housewives being bitchy amongst themselves. :laughing: They now have more content for next season. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve read the interview with Gina about Gamble’s comments on the radio and what actually happened was Lydia was in the hotel lobby when the ladies from Beverley Hills returned from filming one night, she spoke to Kyle Richards and Lisa Vanderpump. Lisa asked Lydia is Gina here and said send her my love .
Gamble basically made up her own version of them events on her radio interview.And yes she since apologised for her comments.

Gamble,Susie,Jackie and Janet last week filmed a upcoming episode of All Star Family Feud.

That should be a laugh. What sort of team will they be up against, I wonder.

1 Like

@JBar Housewives up against l"m A Celebrity Get… Me Out Of Here cast Brendan,Jo Beth,Laurina and Paul Harragon.

4 Likes

Oh yes would love to see them on Family Feud. I’m surprised they didn’t get Gina on board though although I guess it’s probably got a lot to do with availability. It actually would have been HILARIOUS to pitch two teams of the housewives against each other. I can’t imagine how that would have turned out given the drama on the show at the moment. haha.

Last night was one of the best episodes in all three seasons. It feels like it’s almost getting as fired up as season 1! Loved the way that Gina shut Pettifleur down. Then the argument with Lydia / Jackie / Chyka came out of nowhere. Wowzers. Clearly a lot has been going off camera and behind the scenes that we have not been made aware of. I’m guessing Chyka has not brought it up at fear what has been said would come out on camera. Jackie even mentions in her blog that she doesn’t forgive Lydia for the way she turned her against Gina in the first season, and she has continued to do a lot of those things behind the scenes. It seems to be getting very personal and I wouldn’t be surprised if we see 2 or 3 housewives not come back after this season. I have a feeling it’s not going to end well.

1 Like

###THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF MELBOURNE - Reunion special

Sunday 15 May at 8.30pm AEST

Hosted by Alex Perry

Foxtel today announced The Real Housewives of Melbourne Reunion Special will premiere on Sunday May 15 at 8.30pm only on Arena. The special will once again be hosted by acclaimed designer and television personality Alex Perry.

The much anticipated reunion for season 3 of the hit Australian series will see Chyka Keebaugh, Gamble Breaux, Gina Liano, Jackie Gillies, Janet Roach, Lydia Schiavello, Pettifleur Berenger and Susie McLean reunite after the most explosive series ever; temperatures are set to soar.

It doesn’t take long for things to heat up as serious fractures appear in the friendship between BFF’s Gina and Gamble when the busy barrister is questioned about her commitment to the friendship.

New Housewife Susie puts Lydia in the firing line. It’s accusation after accusation between the two ladies and Susie sends shockwaves when she shares an unexpected update about the highly publicised friendship between Lydia and Shane Warne.

Pettifleur’s ongoing obsession with herself causes a flurry of opinions from all the Housewives and ends in a pillow fight between two of the ladies.

Everyone has an opinion when the topic of ‘rumours’ is raised, and Janet and Chyka confront Lydia about what they have heard. This topic gets everyone fired up and ends in tears, literally. Get ready Australia, it’s about to get hot.

Produced by Matchbox Pictures in conjunction with Foxtel, The Real Housewives of Melbourne is the first Australian instalment of the world’s number one lifestyle reality franchise with the finale of season three airing this Sunday May 1 at 8.30pm ahead of the 90 minute reunion special on Sunday May 15 at 8.30pm on Foxtel’s Arena.

Wow that finale was insane!

Lydia is beyond a joke. The way she just sits there and pretends that she doesn’t know what anyone is talking about is pathetic. I loved how she got rolled at the dinner for saying that she didn’t attend Susie’s wedding. There we go Lydia, a liar always gets caught out. The finale scenes were just hilarious. I’m sad that it’s over… this season just turned crazy the last few episodes.

I don’t understand why they are only have 1 reunion episode this season? There is so much to cover they could easy do two like the previous seasons!.I know it’s 90 mins but still I’d prefer it to go over 2 weeks. IS the reason it’s not on next week because of the Logies? I just feel we are short changed with the Australian version… they definitely could have made this season a few episodes longer with so much drama going on.

1 Like

I agree. The fact there is an extra housewife but the number of episodes is actually less is stupid. They should round the series to 15 episodes IMO.

1 Like

It must be a budget thing? It seems like a lot of Foxtel shows seem to be short seasons (e.g. Gogglebox are always 8 or 10 eps as well). Although I would have thought that they get more worth out of the reunion by stretching it out for 2 episodes (rather than 1) as they would easily have enough footage for that.

Although I note each episode goes for 1 hour and 10 minutes. I can’t remember if previous seasons were like this but if they clearly had enough content to make each ep longer than an hour.

I think thats more due to advertising that they seem to be running to this length.
More ads - blows out the finish time.

The way that episode ended… And the way each of the women’s “future” paragraphs was, makes me think, could this be the last season of Melbourne?
Seeing as Sydney is happening…

What do you mean? They always end the seasons like that with that final bit for each housewife, they have done so for all previous Melbourne versions and all US versions.

As far as the Sydney version, I don’t think they’ve even finalised a cast. Given the Melbourne version is usually filmed July-November I would think that we are more likely to see season 4 of Melbourne before they get around to doing Sydney. Unless they can film both overlapping timeframes.

Surely Melbourne couldn’t be ending with those finale ratings, and they are promoting the reunion like crazy. They have a dynamic with this version which has become one of the craziest of all the franchises. We prob will see some tweaking of the cast next seaon as the original girls were contracted for 3 seasons, although Gina says she wants to do a fourth.

2 Likes

Yeah I know what you mean. I dunno, just seemed more final than the others. However after a bit of a search yeah it looks like season 4 will be a goer.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jackie doesn’t return now that she is pregnant. Her storyline this season has been pretty meh.

Hold on is Jackie pregnant? I didn’t know that! I thought any rumours were just fuelled by the storylines on the show…

Yeah they always end it like that because nobody knows who will come back the next season. Most cast members don’t know who is coming back until right before filming.

1 Like

Hahaha not at all, this season has been higher ratings. Matchbox have started work on Real Housewives of Auckland. Sydney is still in the concept stage with filming taking place but not storyline driven as yet.

Don’t be surprised if next year they launch a companion show to RHOM next year, in the vein of Vanderpump Rules After show.

I would expect Sydney to formally be announced at the end of the year.

I still wish they would replace Alex Perry with someone like Gretel Killeen, someone who can think on the spot and ad lib a lot better.

2 Likes

YES! Alex has been the wrong person for that role all along. I dont know why Andy couldnt make a trip out here to host it!

Chyka has announced this morning she will not be returning to the show next year.

#sadface

I’m really sad about Chyka’s departure but I’m not surprised. I expected we would lose a couple housewives as their 3 year initial contracts are up so it’s an easy out - and clearly after the recent seasons dramas surrounding Chyka she does not want to be a part of it. It’s probably too big a commitment when her career is already thriving and she’s not one who is there for the fame. I actually respect her a lot of making the move off the show but it’s still a huge loss.

There are also rumours today about Lydia’s future in the below article. The article states that the producers initially dropped Lydia and Pettifleur off the cast after season 2 which is when Susie was cast - but then decided to keep them all. Although the fact that Lydia in the article mentions that a decision has been made about her future but she can’t say… makes me think she is staying. Given Chyka has come outright and publicised it.

Do they have to live in the same house now? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like