The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

The project doesn’t do too bad. Hell it does better then it used to do when it started all those years ago. I only watch it once month .
If ten hadn’t stuck with it I sure still think the 7pm slot would still be of full of disasters .

2 Likes

Gorgi Coghlan filling in for Carrie tonight.

2 Likes

Ten had better standards back then. :slight_smile:

Why 7PM won't be Taken Out anytime soon | TV Tonight

All that shows is that The Project has improved compared to other shows since 2009 - a time when Seven News could get 1.7 million on a week night and 2 million on a Sunday and Two and a Half Men and Home and Away could each rate over 1.3 million.

4 Likes

Gorgi Coghlan filling in for Carrie this week and Rove McManus filling in for Waleed from Wednesday -Friday this week.

2 Likes

I hate The Project when Rove is on. He is so annoying and I don’t find him funny at all. Tonight’s episode is hard to watch…

2 Likes

Rove seems to pull the attention and focus on him… you forget that there is another 3 people on the panel.

1 Like

The show is different when he’s on it that’s for sure but he’s entertaining.

Maybe he should be given his own late night show instead. He could do a show that’s like a cross between The Project and Whovians but with two offsiders and a focus on entertainment.

2 Likes

Yes he doesn’t seem to be into the news and is more a showman. Not his type of show.

3 Likes

And they could put it on at 9:30pm and call it Rove [Live].

4 Likes

There’s an idea. Why didn’t I think of that? :roll_eyes:

I was actually suggesting a new concept where he presents the show like Whovians but with two regulars either side and guests popping in and out throughout the show as required.

Or :grinning:

19 Likes

Too close to The Reject. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

It wouldn’t be Ten without them square brackets

7 Likes

Matt White is filling in for Waleed this week.

Gorgi co-hosting again tonight, Carrie is returning on Tuesday night.

9 Likes

Malcolm Turnbull was live in the studio tonight.

4 Likes

Matt’s a great fill in host. Much better than Rove.

7 Likes

Chris Brown co-hosting with Carrie Monday -Thursday next week , with Waleed returning from holidays on Friday.

2 Likes

Chris Brown is fine as a guest panelist, but out of his depth in the presenting chair IMO… especially tor a few nights.

3 Likes

He’s a lot more experienced these days and tonight’s show has shown he can handle the hard-hitting serious interviews, come up with some great one-liners and provide a lot more laughs than usual. He’s been great with Pete, Carrie and Fifi tonight.

6 Likes