The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

I know this style of promo for the Sunday show is nothing new, but it seems that this version of the show is now unpologetically based around Lisa.

Given its a panel show, featuring discussion etc perhaps these packages would’ve been better presented as her own show?

They do exactly the same when Hamish, Carrie or Waleed have a special report on the show. Last week the promos showcased Hamish with his interview with the New Zealand Prime Minister.

2 Likes

To be fair though, that stuff doesn’t happen as regularly as Lisa’s special reports do. They also (as far as I’m aware) don’t do single presenter only end boards like they do for Lisa also. I don’t mind her on th show, just think she might’ve been better utilised & promoted with her own show.

2 Likes

A lot of us agree and that is likely to be the end game but whingeing about it every week is not going to make it happen any faster.

This week’s panellists on The Project:

It seems that Rachel is now regularly on Thursday nights now.

SUNDAY

• Hamish Macdonald
  • Lisa Wilkinson
  • Jan Fran

MONDAY

• Steve Price

TUESDAY

• Fifi Box

WEDNESDAY

• Ryan Fitzgerald

THURSDAY

• Rachel Corbett

FRIDAY

• Meshel Laurie (filling in for Gorgi Coghlan)
  • Lehmo
3 Likes

This Jan Fran person. Wow. Took a lot for me to get through tonight’s program.

1 Like

Burning questions? What is #5SOS opinion on fireproof cladding?

1 Like

Does Lisa not do Thursdays anymore?

Nope. She barely did it for a couple of weeks. This two day thing is a bit of a joke for $2 million.

Why do stupid people keep quoting that as her definitive salary?

4 Likes

Nobody knows what her salary is except for Lisa, her management and Ten so speculating on that serves no purprose to continue bringing up.

While I would like to see more of Lisa other than her weekly special reports on the The Sunday Project and her contributions to date to ten daily, I think it’s safe to say more is in the pipeline.

Ten is obviously going through the motions of changes that the new ownership affords them so to quote @SydneyCityTV it’s a case of wait and see…

7 Likes

Gorgi Coghlan is back on the show tonight.

2 Likes

I would assume The Sunday Project is coming from Melbourne tomorrow night.

Why are you assuming that? Have You Be Paying Attention films out of Melbourne on Sunday’s.

5 Likes

Probably because the news came out of Melbourne last night, but The Sunday Project is definitely in Sydney this week.

Sarah Harris is on the panel tonight, Peter Van Onselen appearing again Wednesday night also.

3 Likes

Sarah and Lisa on the same show?

Do they not like one another or something?

it’s first time they been on same show since Today I think?

1 Like

Yeah l think it will be first time since Today, Sarah has come a long way since them days.

6 Likes