The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Enjoyed the political analysis of the Barnaby interview tonight.

Sunday night:

8 Likes

Did they change something on the Sydney set? it looks quite nice tonight, maybe its the lighting?

I think that was filmed yesterday in Sydney. But yes they have added some plasmas to the set which no longer look as boring as it did last year.

2 Likes

The Sydney set is actually dare I say now looking better than the Melbourne one, it’s brighter and the extra height makes it look more spacious, the fact that it’s wider allows better angles and not to mention that it’s in native HD which looks great.

3 Likes

I was in the studio audience tonight. Carrie, Waleed and Peter welcomed the audience just before the program started, they all talked to the audience a couple of times during the ad breaks, had the odd little chat to each other during the breaks, and hung around for a couple of minutes afterwards to thank us. Steve Price only said one word off camera, being “Hello” to Catherine Tate, and sat pretty much stony-faced during every break. I initially was surprised by Price but when I thought about it I realised I shouldn’t have been.

13 Likes

Is Paul Bongiorno at Ten still? If not they need to get him back!

1 Like

He hasn’t been with them for some time, since all the redundancies I believe.

I think he enjoys his work with The Saturday Paper and was looking to semi-retire but I do think he would be a good asset for them to lead the Canberra team on a consulting basis as well as contribute to news such as the above and online etc.

7 Likes

Given he was credited for the Sunday Paper I don’t think he’d be on Ten’s books.

It’s basically a brand new set in Sydney this year with new panels and a whole bunch of vertical plasmas behind the desk replacing the old single screen.

I agree it looks way better than the Melbourne set, I particularly like that wide shot from the left which they don’t have enough space to do in Melbourne.

2 Likes

ps. Sarah Harris is an absolute star.

5 Likes

I really liked the chemistry between her and Tommy Little actually.

3 Likes

I have been to see it a few times now. The last time I went Chrisopher Pyne was the fourth panelist. He also didnt say a word to the audience. All the others did. Waleed was a little moody as he had a plane to catch or something. But Carrie and Pete were so humble. Both Pete and waleed had a competition going with throwing paper into a camera or something. Kept them amused.

1 Like

Tommy Little is also an absolute star. One day they’ll get the right platform for him.

1 Like

That’s the full hour of the project with the original televised ads on youtube?

Why do we need tenplay?

Someone uploaded it to youtube not TEN themself

1 Like

surprised Ten havent taken it down…surely some sort of issue with those ads being online???

On the BTN 50 year special

11 Likes

I think that’s a little harsh. He does have a four hour radio show to prepare for.

He’s not preparing it during The Project.

5 Likes